♡Chapter 12

An

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLL!!! 36 votes yeah! Well I want to give my thanks to all of you who did vote, I appreciate every last one(: I guess I have to set a new goal now...so let's go with 50 votes!(: So anyways I think this chaptEr will open and answer a couple questions for you. I like this chapter a lot, and for those who made it this far in this story, I hope you continue to enjoy it. Thanks for reading

Ps. If you see any typos, please tell me. I'm a terrible proofreader.

Henry's POV

Greta sat behind her wood desk watching me with her gray eyes, "Is that the entire report?" she asked, and I nodded.

"What has been done with the boy whom was with her?" she asked.

"He was put in solitary confinement for further observations and testing," I replied, "Although I don't care for their definition of testing."

She shook her head at me, place, "And I don't care that you don't care for their methods, you can leave now," she said and waved her hand in dismissal at me and went back to working on her papers on her desk.

I, however, did not leave and stepped closer to her desk and she looked up from her papers to once again stare at me with her gray eyes, "Anything else you need Mr.Hemlock?" she asked, and I could detect a hint of annoyance in her voice. The bobbing lights above her cast harsh shadows on her face making it look sharper, more predatory.

I leaned forward and placed my hands on top of her desk, "The Kraken entered through a portal, and it seemed to have been controlled by someone. Funny how those abilities seem to mirror your own," I said and watched for her reaction, but her expression remained blank.

"What are you implying Mr. Hemlock?" she asked, and I swore I detected a note of panic underlying the anger that now saturated her voice. "Have you ever thought of the possibility that there may be others like me?" then she added, "All my actions have been in accord with the school board and the magic council. I don't have my own vendetta if that is what you think."

I narrowed my eyes at her, "Why were you trying to move her? Was it because of the decision the school board was probably going to make?"I pressed.

Greta's bottom lip curled up into a snarl, "I'm not sure I like what you keep insisting that I'm doing anything besides following orders! I suggest you check on your charge before I reassign her to someone else. She's in the infirmary, poor thing. I was just visiting her before you came here."

"Alright, I'll go check on her," I said. "But one more thing," I lowered my voice, "on that night, I saw that someone dangerous was coming for her, and sent Amber to retrieve her a couple of days before the scheduled abduction for her own safety, that person wasn't a danger to her at all, was he? I had a distinct feeling that someone had tampered with my vision," and with that, I turned and walked away from the desk.

I could feel Greta's eyes boring into my back while I walked through the intricately carved doors. At the same time I walked out, a dark haired man walked in. We locked eyes briefly and I found myself staring into eyes so dark that you couldn't  even see his pupils. I recognized him as one of the heads of the school, I wondered why he was going to talk to Greta. But I didn't have time to think about it. I had somewhere I needed to be. But my head was beginning to feel cloudy. Why was I in Greta's office again? To report to her about the boy and nothing more. Yeah that seemed right.

POV; Somewhere in a Dream

Grass crunched under my shoes as my feet pounded the hard earth. The moonlight reflected off my onyx black hair as it flowed out behind me. I didn't know why I was running, or even what I was running from, but I just knew I had to run. In the distance, a horn sounded, and dogs howled in unison. My skin crawled with the thought that soon their teeth would be ripping into my flesh.