Part 2 Chapter 42

AN; Warning, feels.

When Henry emerged on Nessie's back after what felt like an entirety, He was coated in blood and his eyes were devoid of any type of readable emotion . In his arms he carried the limp body he held in arms of Arnold.

I felt my stomach constrict into a tight knots.

He laid Arnold's body next to me. I turned my head slightly to stare at his small still form beside me. His chest rose and fell ever so slightly letting me know that he was alive.

Henry said something but I was too busy looking at the lack of fresh blood on the boy's body to here him. If the blood didn't come from Arnold, whose blood was it?

Henry half, collapsed, have sat on the roof to my other side. He rested his trembling hands on his slightly bent knees .

Why was he just sitting here besides me? Why wasn't he going back into the hole for Amber?

Nessie sat beside Henry and rubbed her snout against his exposed arm but he paid her no attention.

"I said Amber is dead..."

I blinked and looked at him, while I tried to comprehend what he had just said.

"Are you sure she's dead? I didn't feel her die," I said and my voice began to quiver.

"You're  exhausted, she probably died without you noticing. I found her crushed under some rocks," Then he began to do something I had never ever see him do, cry. He tried to hide it by covering his face with one of his shaking hands but he could not hide the trembles his silenced sobs were sending though his body.

"It might not be her, we did kill a couple of these soulless creatures," I said but even I even doubted myself.

He responded by removing his hand from his face and digging it into his pockets, until he found what he was looking for. He pulled out a piece of black leather and presented it to me. "This was the same material that Amber was wearing."

I looked down at the leather in my hand while Henry continued. "Deception is fine. He is stuck under so rumble in an air pocket. He's actually safer under there for the time being."

One small portion of me relaxed, but the rest of me felt heartbroken for Henry.

"Henry I'm so sorry," I whispered softly and using the last of my strength to wrap my arms around him and press my body against his. I buried my face in the back of his black shirt.

"Violet," Henry said and I jerked awake, and had somehow gone from comforting Henry, to falling into a deep sleep on top of a roof. Henry was crouched down beside me with his hand on my shoulder.

"How long have I've been asleep for!?" I asked groggily before the events of yesterday came fully rushing back and I jolted awake. We were no longer on top of the building with the hole in the roof. In fact, we were no longer outside. We were in a house and I had been laid out across a couch. The room was lit by a lantern that had been placed in the corner of the room opposite me.

"Just a couple hours. It's good that you go some rest , you were exhausted. You can relax we're safe...for now," he said, but the way he said it made it sound like he wasn't so sure of that.

"Where are we?"

"My house," a voice spoke up and my eyes flew around the room until they fell on someone sitting in a royal red armchair not too far for the couch I was on. Maybe it was because the room wasn't well illuminated, but she looked exactly like me. She was dressed in a black flower lace dressed  and her curly black hair flowed down her shoulders in gentle waves and framed a pair of purple eyes.

"Henry, am I seeing things or is does she look exactly like me

"No, she does," he said. "That's why I trusted her when she said she was a real-time of yours, and I let her bring us back here."

I began to pick out things in her face that didn't match my own. Her nose was shorter than mine and her lips were fuller. She was basically a little better-looking version of me.

"That's right, we are flesh and blood Violet," she said in a voice that mirrored my own, but it had more age than mine ever did. Her dark purple eyes focused on me, "My name is Alyzeea."

"Mind if I ask how we're related. I can see the family resemblance clearly, but I'm  guessing we are related through my dad."

"I say exactly how we are related, since I don't know who you are descendent from, but all Fifth Element, users are related in one way or the other. There was once five great tribes of us, but now only one family line left survivors now, and it is scattered between these two worlds. How much did your parents tell you about the history of our people?" she asked.

"My parents didn't tell me squat about anything but I did spend some time in purgatory, and the ghosties kind of filled me in."

"Did they tell you that we started only having children with people from the other world long ago so our people could come here, and escape persecution?"

I shook my head, "I didn't even know that our people exist in this world and that there were even more of our people besides me, my sister, and...."I trailed off. I had almost said, my dad.

Now thanks you, we are once again threatened."

"What's happening is not my fault," I stuttered caught off guard by the sudden blame being thrown my way.

"Yes it is. You hadn't been capture by Greta would not have been able to do what she did!?"

"How did you know about that?" Henry asked.

She ignored his question and looked to another spot in the dim room before focusing her gaze back onto me.

"Most off our blood diluted, but yours isn't. You may be the only one who can fix this mess that you have caused."

"Where are the others?" I sat up on the couch. "They were able to help me kill those things with my channeling weapon

It was at that moment that I realized that I no longer had my channeling spear. My eyes widen at the realization.

"Henry where is my spear!?" I demanded while I frantically felt around the couch under me. "Oh no! Oh no! If I'm not touching the souls are gone!" I almost screamed at the top of my lungs while I searched harder for it.

"Don't worry I have your souls," Alyzeea said from her place in her chair and I stopped my frantic searching to look at her.

She leaned down and picked up a jar and held it out. Henry stood up and the wooden floorboards creaked beneath his feet while he crossed them. He collected the jar from her. He then walked over to me and placed it in my hands. Once it was in my hands I saw that the clay jar was painted dark blue with strange writing all over it. It was beautiful but I was confused by how this clay cylinder held the souls that were supposed to serve me for all of eternity.

"I tied them to the jar before they could float away," Alyzeea explained "You see when I came to get you, I came in spirt and I possessed you for just a moment, so I could communicate to your Henry where to bring you. Although your Henry wasn't too pleased with this and tried to shake me out of you and in the process your spear fell. I had to bind the souls to the jar so that they can still be used as tools. Tools to help us retrieve a couple of willing sacrifices."