Happiness ~ Ch14

(This chapter took forever to write. I hope you like it :] )

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"Well, (Y/n). This is Tokyo!" Yuuji announced happily as he plopped down onto his chair. We were currently in a café, the 2nd café we've been to today. The first, Yuuji and Nobara had treated me to a lovely American style breakfast and now were treating me to an array of sweet treats.

I followed Yuuji's actions and sat down of the chair opposite him and beside the window. As the café was located at the top of the tall glass building we were in, the view of tokyo below us was outstanding. I could see the thousands of houses and modern structures that populated the ground along with the millions of people that lived here.

I kind of envied Yuuji and Nobara, along with everyone else in this era and only because of how lucky they were to live in this era. One with technology and medicine along with the hundered of other things that they could experience without realising the value of. I would have given anything to live a life as they are with Sukuna...To live in a building with him and go to the highschool that Yuuji spoke of earlier today...To eat these glamorous foods without a worry in a world whenever I wanted. It would truly be a blessing.

But there was this feeling in my chest that told me it wasn't too late to have whatever my heart desired...

And I agreed.

"(Y/n)?" Yuuji asked worriedly, snapping me out of my thoughts. My head whipped to face him, noticing that is eyes were focused on mine and seemed to be worried about me based of my uncharacteristic silence.

"Yes Yuuji-Kun?" I asked with a light smile, bringing the feeling of happines back within our presence. Yuuji didn't answer but only sighed in relief, realising my smile meant that nothing was wrong. Sukuna had been quiet ever since this morning after yelling at Toru and Yuuji. After that he hadn't said a word or shown any sort of sign of being present so it made me wonder if he was still watching or not.

Then Nobara came back from the counter with a huge tray with sweet foods. It varried from cakes to thin breaded treats (A.N - Cookies) that I had never seen before. She placed the tray down on the table with a happy announcement of her arrival and then took her seat beside me before handing out cutlery.

They first thing that had caught my eye was a white slice of cake with a red coating and a stawberry on top (A.N - Strawberry Cheesecake). I took what was called a fork and dug into it before putting it in my mouth. I hummed in delight which make Nobara smile proudly.

"It feels good to see someone so happy." Nobara told Yuuji who nodded in agreement as watched me take even more bites into my mouth.
"So (Y/n). How's the city for you?" Yuuji asked me, trying to make conversation. I looked up at him with cheeks full of food with made him laugh softly. I swallowed the food in my mouth quickly in attempt to answer his question.

"It's wonderful. I'm amazed by how much the world had advanced within a millennium." I answered before momentarily getting distracted by the colourful tiny sandwiches on a plate (A.N - Macaroons).
"In my era the cakes and food were not even half as good as this." I commented with a slight chuckle reminiscing of the dry sponge cakes that were sold in the market on weekends. Even the cakes made in the castle were bad, not as dry as the ones in town but much more bland.

"Really?" Nobara asked curiously before taking a sip of her sparkling drink. I could only nod at her words with a slight sigh, not really wanting to remember the foods of my era as the memories were not as great as the ones I shared with Sukuna.

"Yes, especially the food in the castle. My parents insisted I ate healthy meals, they said the sugar and fat from other foods would my heart to fail sooner so instead they made my desserts with no sugar." I chirped, not looking them in the eyes as I spoke before taking a pink mini sandwich into my mouth which was much more cruchier than I expected.