Guests ~ Ch74

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

The moment my eyes opened and overcame the morning drowsiness that I was feeling, I realised that it was litte past 8am. If I remember correctly, Mahito encouraged me to wake up at around 9am since that was when Geto went out to get his breakfast. Luckily, my internal clock was on point and had woken me up just in time.

After washing my face and going to the bathroom, I began putting on the same clothes that I wore yesterday. It honestly disgusted me to wear the same clothes, but unfortunately I had no other choice as my wardrobe was empty and I hadn't brought any of my own clothes. After dressing myself, I looked into the mirror and sighed.

The person I saw in my reflection didn't seem like me anymore. All I saw was a changed girl trying to hold onto the person she used to be because she was too scared to not be able to recognise herself every time she looked herself in the mirror. I turned away from the mirror before I got too emotional, not liking feelinh such negative emotions first thing in the morning.

I tried to cheer myself up as I braided my hair, reminding myself of what happened in mine and Sukuna's domain yesterday. Smiling softly, my cheeks flared pink as the images flashed through my mind. Sukuna seemed to be the best and only distraction for me.

After gathering myself together, I left the bedroom and gently closed the door behind me just in case there was other people trying to get some sleep.
"You're awake!" Mahito called out from beside me, walking down the hall with a bounce in his step. His loud cheery voice crashed down all of my intentions on being silent, making me sigh to myself.

"I was wondering if you would actually be able to make it before 9, but here you are!" Mahito praised, patting my head as if I were his pet. As he patted my head, he slowly let his eyes trail down my body and then stared back up at me in confusion. Looking down to see what he was looking at, I became even more baffled when I couldn't spot what he was staring at.

"You're in the same clothes?" The stitched spirit commented, proding my navy uniform that was originally gifted to me by Satoru. Instantly I relaxed, now realising why the spirit was giving me such a look. I would've also been confused, seeing me in the same sweaty outfit.

"All my clothes are with the sorcerers." I told him with a slight frown, remembering the amount of clothes I had been gifted by Gojo and Nobara. It was a shame to know that they woulf just lay waste in the hotel drawers without me.
"Ahh! That's right." Mahito remembered, letting out a small ironic chuckle as he thought about my situation which I did not appreciate in the slightest.

"It's alright. Don't worry, I'll get your clothes later for you." Mahito offered with a friendly smile. I gasped at his words, not beliveing them at first.
"Really? You would do that? Isn't it risky?" I questioned him, my enthusiasm for his plan showing through my worry.
"I'll manage." Mahito told me with a cocky smirk before patting my shoulder and walking down the hall.

I wasn't even given enough time to thank him as he dissapeared out of sight and a new member from the group popped into my view, wearing his usual black kimono. I bowed at Geto, wishing him a good morning as he came closer.
"I see you've woke up just in time to catch breakfast with me." Geto mused, laying a hand on my lower back as he guided me down the hall into the main room.

"If that's alright with you." I chuckled shyly, slipping on my shoes as he slipped on his own at the door.
"Of course, I'm never one to turn down company." Geto told me with a friendly smile. As the man put a hand on my shoulder, getting ready to warp me to somewhere in Tokyo, a deep voice spoke up from behind us.

"Geto. You're leaving?" The voice asked, making me turn around in confusion to face the deep voice man. The man was a noirette, with deep black eyes and dark purple bags that made it look like he has never had any sleep. With a black stripe on his nose and baggy white and purple tradition wear, he walked over to me and Geto not looking quite pleased.

Geto turned to the man with closed eyed smile, noticing that there were another two men standing behind him. The other two looked a bit different, one being boderline bald and the other quite literally looking like a monster. Gulping at the sight, I stepped behind Geto slightly as I didn't know who these men were or why they were here.

"You're all big boys. I think you can manage an hour or two without me." Geto joked, making me pale as the men did not seem to be laughing.
"Plus, I'm leaving you with enough time to have fun in this new era before your mission starts." Geto added with a slight tilt of his head. His words sounded kind but I felt like behind all the soft speaking, that there was some sort of aggression and hidden demands that I weren't aware of.

The noirette hummed reluctantly, turned on his heel and walked away without saying another word. And before Geto could turn to face me again, one of the men- the one that didn't even look human- rushed towards me with a sadistic grin. I squeaked at his sudden appearance, thinking that he was going to attack me. Without even thinking about it, I grabbed ahold of his heart which stopped him from moving completely.

He was scary, from the way he looked to the way he acted. He was practically asking me to take his heart into my hands. Besides, how was I know that when he rushed towards me that he would stop inches away from my face. I thought he was going to attack me so it was his fault for not making his intentions clear.

The human monster looked down at his chest in confusion before looking back at the taller man behind him.
"Brother, I can't move." The beast whined. Before his brother could have any say in the matter, Geto grabbed a hold of my shaking hand and cooed me into letting go of the beast's heart. He rubbed my clenched fist, knowing that it eased my grip on the heart he knew was there but couldn't see.

"Now, now Sweetheat. That's no way to treat our guests." The man whispered into my ear. Geto snapped me out of my defensive trance, getting me to unclench my hand completely and let the beast's heart go. I apologised the moment Geto's words fully registered through my brain, making me realise that these weird men were guests- much like myself.

"Ahh! Where are my manners? (Y/n), these three men are the Cursed Womb : Death Paintings 1-3." Geto explained with a smile, holding an arm around my neck as he motioned towards the three men. They were all staring at me with caution, the noirette seemed to be looking right through my soul and his gaze from where he sat at the back of the room honestly freaked me out.

"I'm sorry about my brother. Sometimes he gets too excited, you see." The muscular man said, bowing respectively to me as he pulled his brother back towards him who still seemed confused.
"My name is Eso. This is my brother Kechizu and over there is our brother Choso." Eso greeted with a friendly smile. I tried to return the smile but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried, Choso's stare was too distracting.

"I see...well, it's nice to meet you." I mumbled out hesitantly, my eyes flickering between all three of the men. Before another comment could be said on what just happened, Geto decided that it would be best to just break up the situation.
"I'll be back soon. Then we can go over the plan for tonight's mission." Geto told them, leaving them only to nod as he warped me to the centre of Tokyo where all the cafe's were.

As Geto cheerfully began searching for a place to have breakfast as if nothing had just happened, I couldn't help but only focus on what he just said to the brothers about their mission. I wondered if it would just be the three brothers going on that mission or if he would include me aswell.

I wasn't sure if Geto ever planned to deploy me on missions any time soon as I had no idea if he trusted me that much. And as we walked through the bustling streets of Tokyo I was stuck in a battle with my own thoughts as I wondered,

What was their mission and why was I getting a strong feeling that I needed to find out?

(A.N ~ So how mad would you guys be if I said that this book only had two chapters left?...)

Chapter 75 Quote Teaser :

"Yeah! Why not? You don't have to pretend to like them now or anything so why not use them to satisfy your bordem?"