Bittersweet ~ Ch57

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

It turns out that Satoru was able to keep his casual act going for quite a while. In fact, it was still going. It has been almost a week since I suspect he had found out about his connection to Gojo Toru and so far since then, he has not acted out of his usual character.

The same night I decided to bring this concern to Sukuna, telling him how I believe that Satoru was the reincarnation of Toru. My lover had actually reacted the way that I expected him to react, responding with 'Of course that fool follows us through eras. Why am I not suprised?'. The spirit also responded to my concerns about how Satoru was not reacting to news by saying, 'Maybe he was just too dumb to figure it out and read inbetween the lines.' At times like those, it made me wonder why I even brought my concerns to Sukuna at all. He was nothing but sarcastic in his 'advice' and even less than helpful.

Of course, I do not agree with Sukuna's opinions. I'm convinced that Satoru knows. The man may be able to keep his thoughts hidden from me but he could not hide the confusion he felt from me every time he looked me in the eyes. That was enough to have me convinced that he knew.

Over the past few day however, I've noticed that Satoru's emotions slowly began shifting. The confusion he felt slowly began turning into acceptance and thats was good enough for me to let the topic go. If he wanted to talk to me about it, he would have come to me by now. I'm sure this was something he just needed to figure out on his own.

"So today is Nanami's day with you two. I'm not sure what he's got planned and unfortunately I can't stay long enough to find out." Satoru began as we walked down the hallway of the hotel towards the staircase. We've just finished breakfast and now were making our way to Nanami apparently.

"I've got a meeting with the higher ups to attend- Today is the day I tell them that I have an apprentice who I'm pushing forwards for the Kyoto event." Satoru continued, briefing us about his plans.
I winced slightly after hearing his plans for today, knowing that these people would not react lightly to the news. And I'm sure Satoru's cheery carefree attitude would just anger them even more.

"Will they be mad?" I asked him, looking up at him with a worried expression. The look on my face made him chuckle and I could feel the appreciation radiating off of him as he thought of an appropriate way to amswer my question.
"Oh, definitely." The silver haired male said, flashing me a cheeky grin as we walked down towards the hotel's exit onto the streets of Tokyo.

The moment we all stepped outside, we were instantly bombarded by the loud sounds of music and the overwhelming sight of colours. Yuuji gasped at the sudden appearance of- what I recently learned was called confetti- being thrown his way. We all stood in awe for a few moments, twirling around a few times to take in the scenes we hadn't realised would spread across the city today.

"This is the Tanabata festival!" I exclaimed in awe, seeing the kanji symbols on the shop walls that represented this special day. I realised that since waking up in this era, I hadn't been paying attention to the dates of the year. And since this was definitely the Tanabata festival, that meant that it was July 7th today.

I couldn't stop myself from wondering down the streets, staring at all the new traditions that had sparked since the last time I had been to this event. Gojo and Itadori both trailed behind me, not wanting to loose me in the crowd. Enthusiastically, I turnt my head left to right and watched as people danced around me and spat fire. Seeing similar foods and decorations, I quicky realised that none of the traditions had changed at all.

For once, something in this era felt familliar. From the smells of incense to the smells of old-fashioned foods, it all felt so nostalgic. These feelings of nostalgia rushed through me so fast that I couldn't stop my self from reminiscing...reminiscing on an easier time.