Memories ~ Ch49

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

Watching a sunset was one of my favourite things to do with Sukuna. Little did I know it could get even better becuase in our innate domain, the sun never actually had to fully set. Sukuna and I were able to watch a never ending sunset, one in which still lowered and allowed the sky to change colors as it went down. I wasn't sure how long we had been watching the sun exactly. We were just enjoying each others presence, laying back against the rooftop of the temple we both missed so much.

My head was laid against his chest and our pinky fingers were still entwined because I didn't want to let go. Sukuna didn't complain, just appreciating the time I was able to spend with him right now. But even though he looked content beside me, I could tell something was on his mind. Not wanting to push him to tell me, I didn't mention anything. When he finally wanted to come out and say what it is he was thinking about, he would.

In the meantime, I wanted to make conversation with Sukuna. Something that made it obvious that I was stalling for time until he finally made up his mind and told me what was wrong.
"Hey Sukuna?" I mumbled, not staring away from the now pink setting sky. He hummed in response, signalling for me to continue speaking.

"What's your favourite animal?" I asked him softly, not being able to contain the smile that broke out on my face. It was a dumb question but it was something that practically screamed that I was stalling for him. Judging by the snort that Sukuna let out instantly after hearing my question, it seemed that he was catching on with what I trying to do.

"Nothing. I hate all animals." He told me with a snicker. I knew that would be his answer and he knew it too but still I pushed on. Sukuna would crack sooner or later. But sooner rather than later.
"Well, I love Jellyfish. I've never seen one, of course. But I've seen a drawing on one of my old scrolls and read abit about them aswell. Kiyotaka was even kind enough to show me an actual picture of one on his phone once." I told him with a small smile. I could see that Sukuna turned his head to me, staring at me with a knowing smile. It was clear he knew what I was playing at. But even so, I continued.

"There is an ancient myth about jellyfish. I'll tell you the story. There was once an ancient one named Ryūjin who had an incurable rash. Ryūjin sent a jellyfish to a monkey to take his liver which was sopposedly to cure the rash. The monkey lied to the jellyfish. He told it that it's liver was hidden in a jar in the woods and that the jellyfish could take it once it found the jar. So the jellyfish went looki--" I was finally cut off as Sukuna pushed my face lightly into his chest with a loud laugh.

"Okay, okay I get it. You want to me to speak up on what's on my mind. No need for your ancient mythology rant. I will never understand your love towards those ludicrous tales." Sukuna said, a smile still on his face as he shook his head at my silly antics. I couldn't help but giggle, loving that my lover knew all my tricks and schemes.

"So~" I trailed cheekily, turning my head from the sun to face Sukuna. He sighed, trying to think of how he should arrange his wording. This seemed important.
"Well, there has been something I've needed to mention to you for a while now." Sukuna started, still not sure if he should ease into it or just come out and say whatever it was.

"What is it?" I asked him curiously. I also wondered how long he has wanted to tell me this information.
"I think you should go back to visit the temple." He told me. His words sounded quite ominous, almost as if something was waiting for me back at that temple.
"What for?" I questioned with a tilted head. Sukuna didn't know how to phase his next sentence, it was clear by the way he hesitated to speak.

"There's something there for you that I've been meaning to deliver to you...although now it's long overdue so it may not be in the best condition." Sukuna finally mentioned. He didn't mention what it was which put me in a frenzy to figure out what it was. The word 'deliver' was also stuck on my mind because it meant that it wasn't from him.