Exhausted ~ Ch46

Author-San whispers: It's my birthday in 2 hours!

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

I wasn't sure how long it had been since me and Satoru started training, loosing count after the first three hours. Training was going well for me. I managed to perfect a few moves with the fan, making Satoru very proud and also I was barely thinking about Sukuna. It was a win-win. After another few hours, my body began to get tired and it wasn't hard to tell. My arm movement were becoming slower and my attacks started to look forced. But I couldn't stop now. I couldn't stop now because if I did then I would start thinking about Sukuna again. And if I started thinking about Sukuna again, I would run back to him and feel the need to apologise.

I knew the time would come when I would eventually fall asleep and then I'd have to face Sukuna whether I liked it or not. And when I did, I know I'm going to cave in and apologise to him. I may not have anything to apologise for but it's in my nature to submit to Sukuna. It would happen eventually but at least I was clear minded enough now to prolong it, giving Sukuna more time to think about what me and Satoru spoke about today. I know he heard everything. Whatever Yuuji knows, Sukuna knows. And I wasn't sure how long Yuuji had been spying on me until I sensed him but I'm going to assume it was long enough to know the details.

Releasing another forced attack to the tree, I let out a small whimper as my wrist began throbbing. Almost as if to silence my cry, the tree wobbled and hit the ground in three pieces. A small tired smile spread across my face as I realised that I was getting used to cursed energy attacks and maybe soon I'd be able to try the hurricane attack that Satoru hypothesised about earlier.

"I think you should take a break." Satoru said from behind me, coming forwards as he spoke. Shaking my head almost instantly at his suggestion, I quickly chugged down a few gulps of water before picking up my fan again and swinging another blow at the next nearest tree. At this point there were tons of fallen trees beneath us that Satoru had to move to the sides manually to make space.

"Come on, (Y/n). It's night now. You're going to end up hurting yourself if you continue on like this! You should take it easy." Satoru exclaimed, leaning a hand on my shoulder as he tried to pull me back enough to talk to him. I shook my head in defiance once again, refusing to take another break.
"No, I'm fine." I defended, wiping the bead of sweat that dripped down my forehead. My body ached and cried for me to stop but my brain was telling me to keep going, that I was practically numb to the pain by now.

The silver head behind me groaned out loud, getting frustrated with my stubborness. He didn't expect me to willingly train so hard and honestly, neither did I. Training was a suprisingly good escape for me.
"Why won't you listen to me?" Satoru said in an exasperated tone, dropping his hand from my shoulder as he crouched beside me. I didn't answer his question, knowing it was rhetorical because we both knew why I wouldn't just stop and listen to him.

I could feel every emotion Satoru was feeling right now and it was not at all helping me become emersed in my training. Emotions were radiating off of him strongly, making it hard to concentrate. Every emotion was heavier than the one before it. Worry. Desperation. Distress. Apprehension. I understood why he felt like this. After all, I had gotten targetted by at least a dozen cursed spirits during this training session alone due to not having that bracelet. Of course, Satoru had no problem taking them out and even let my use my new moves to take out a few. But now it was pitch black out and that was when the higher level curses came out.

After another few minutes, I couldn't help but focus more on Satoru's emotions as they hit me harder. This meant that I wasn't focused on my attacks causing me to accidently flick my wrist the wrong way. My hand also cramped up at the exact moment making the attack split into two ways. One towards the tree and the other towards me.