Heart To Heart ~ Ch16

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

It was unusually silent in the Jujustu Tech dormitory. The only thing I could hear was mine and Sukuna's breathing. Everybody else was most definitely asleep. The time being around three hours after they decided to go to bed and now being the prime time for Sukuna to be more active.

At the moment I was being led deep into the forest by Sukuna with my hand encased in his own. He hasn't said a word since he began leading me, probably deep in thought as he walked. I didn't know where we were going and I had yet to ask him. I just really wanted to enjoy the rare moments that I could have with Sukuna before Yuuji took his rightful claim to his body. It was a nuisance really.

"What are we doing out here?" I finally voiced, deciding that the cold was slowly catching up to me. I was still wearing the crop top and shorts that Nobara had given me, not even thinking to put on something warmer when Sukuna had dragged me outside.

"The brat has given me full control of his body as he sleeps. Who knows if he'll allow me to do this again? So I'm taking advantage of this time that we have." Sukuna explained as we entered a clearing that was surrounded by trees. By now we were quite a walk away from the school. So far that if I were to scream loudly, nobody would hear me.

"Why are we so far away?" I asked him as we stopped walking, standing now in the centre of the clearing. We were at the bottom of the mountain and so far away that I could no longer see the school at the top of the mountain.
"So that those at the school do not sense our cursed energy." Sukuna explained with a smirk. Now I realised why we were out here. He wanted to train me to use my cursed energy. Something he was unable to do before we were separated. I now understood why he was so excited.

After spinning around to check out my surroundings, I froze. A chill went down my spine as a breeze washed over me and Sukuna. It was night time and the warmth of the sun was no longer protecting up in this eerie forest.

"It's cold." I whined, using my arms to hug myself and run the newly formed goosebumps running down my skin. Sukuna chuckled at my suffering, rolling his eyes playfully before taking off his long sleeved black shirt that Yuuji was to sleep in. Sukuna then put it over me, dresssing me as if I were a child. I wanted to push him off and do it myself but we both knew that I still didn't understand completly how to dress yet. That was something I would hopefully pick up over the next few days.

"But now you're going to be cold." I pouted, staring at his bare chest that was exposed to the wind.
"I'm a cursed spirit, remember? I don't get cold." He said pointedly, showing off his arms which unlike mine had zero signs of goosebumps grazed over them. I hummed in agreement with his logic, nodding at the reminder while saying,
"Right. I forgot, you're no longer human."

"Does that bother you?" He smirked, obviously curious to what the answer would be. I laughed at his question. I thought the answer was quite obvious.
"Not at all. On the contrary, it excites me." I said with a cheeky smile, looking up to see that smile mimicked on his face also. I wasn't sure what being a cursed spirit entailed but I was excited to find out.

"So what are we going to do first?" I asked him, stepping back from him slightly so that I could watch him as he explained.
"Do you remember the point of me teaching you how to sense me?" He started, questing me with a test of my memory. Luckily, I did remember the reason because although it has been over a millennium since he told me...weirdly enough to me it only seemed like a few days.

"So that I could access my cursed energy." I answered softly, in full focus of what he was going to teach me.
"Exactly." He grinned before continuing, "Now you are easily able to access cursed energy and in fact...you've even been accessing it without realising it."
I tilted my head in confusion as I thought about what he meant. I've been accessing it without realising? How?