Off-Limits ~ Ch66

Warnings : Self-harm

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

It took longer than I wanted to admit to collect myself. Tears took a while to stop falling down my face and my sniffles took a few minutes to half into nothing but by the time it was over, I had this new sense of determination flowing within me.

I had been very lost throughout the past few weeks. It wasn't hard to see how bothered I was on the inside no matter how hard I tried to hide it. I was always dancing along that very thin line of good and evil but maybe I didn't have to choose a side after all. That line was there seperating the two for a reason and who says that this reason wasn't for me to walk along it.

This thin line was my road. Nobody said I had to choose. And at the end of thid road I will find my hearts desire...Sukuna.

As much as I wanted to stay here amongst the greenery around me and bask within my old memories of Sukuna, I had tasks to complete. Right now, I had to find Satoru. Honestly, I didn't want to face Satoru right now because it was clear he was so close to unveiling everything I've tried so hard to hide. But on Mahito's orders, I had to stick to the plan.

So after taking in a deep breath, I used this new found oxygen to aid me as I stood to my feet. By the time I stood up, I realised that I had no wounds on my body. If I wanted to worry Satoru, I needed some sort of evidence that I had been attacked and hurt. I let my mind drift to what Mahito told me about my part of the plan, letting myself remember every word he told me.

"You've gotta hurt yourself...make it look like you got attacked by Hanami or Haruta and then run to Gojo. Tell him that they're after Itadori. That should keep his attention on what's going on inside the the viel."

After taking in yet another deep breath, I began looking around for something sharp. Any kind of stick or stone that was at least mildly sharp would do. I unfortunately didn't have any weapons like knifes or kunai on me, I had only been trained in the art of the fan. Close range weapons were not my speciality. Soon enough, I managed to locate a sharp branch that was broken off beneath my feet. Perfect.

I closed my eyes before bringing the stick to my neck, holding it above from where my neck meets my shoulder. Then I let the tip meet my skin. With shaking hand, I dragged the 'weapon' further down my neck and in result creating a large wound. Blood split instantly, dying my navy clothes into a murky brown. I hissed at the pain, dropping the stick once I was done harming myself and quickly moved forward before my wound healed.

It took a few minutes for my reverse cursed technique to heal my wounds, sometimes longer depending on the size. So I had a rough few minutes to find Satoru who still should be unable to enter the dark viel. Mahito says that this viel was specialised for not letting Satoru in, though I'm sure it won't keep him out for long.

Luckily, I didn't have to run far to find Satoru as I was fairly close to the edge of the dome. I hadn't entered the forest as deep as I thought I had and with my luck that cane in handy on being close enough to find Satoru. Once I made it to the edge, I began running along it in hopes that soon enough I'll stumble across Satoru who would be busy trying to enter.

With about a minute to spare, I was happy to see a silver head just slightly further down the edge if the dome. And just as I haf suspected, he was alone and trying to break in. His blindfold was off and discarded along the stone path behind him as he tried to get inside the viel. He looked frustrated and it pained me to know that I was even slightly the cause of it...If only he knew.

"Satoru!" I called out, catching his attention instantly and making him jog up to me, meeting me in the middle of our distance apart. He stared down at my gash in worry, placing a hand on the viel seperating us as he stared.
"What happened?!" The man asked with wide eyes, meeting my eyes with a look that looked almost terrified.

"We're being attacked. There's a spirit fighting Yuuji- I think he's being targeted." I told him, telling him exactly what Mahito wanted me to say. And in that exact second, my wound healed...just in time.
"I know, I'm sorry. This technique is keeping me from entering but I'm almost in." Satoru growled in frustration.
"I need you to stay somewhere I can see you. Don't interact with anyone, stay out of danger." Satoru ordered, making me nod as he warped away.

Once he was gone, I looked around with a blank expression on my face. What do I do now? Mahito only gave me instructions up to this point. I was about to sit down and wait for this all to be over but the moment I moved an inch, I stopped after hearing someone hum near me. Looking around, I noticed a blonde boy walking down the path beside me with a very disturbing sword in my hand. Mahito told me who he was, Haruta Shigemo...a curse user.

"Ugh, no fun! We're almost done and I haven't even fought anyone yet!" The boy whined, his childluke natire showing from just a mere sentence. He walked towards me with an upset from on his face, not noticing my presence right away. But it was like the moment I blinked, his head snapped towards me with a growing grin.
"Ooo, how about you?" He asked me as he flashed his sword, clearly itching for a fight.

Haruta walked towards me, a giggle slipping past his lips as he noticed me walk backa few steps.
"You gonna entertain me?" Haruta asked excitedly, eyes racking up and down my body as he seemed to judge my power. But the moment his eyes landed on ny chest, he began to pout again. Looking down to see what he was looking at, I noticed that my necklace gifted by Sukuna was out for all eyes to see and gleaming in the sunlight almost as a warning.

"Aww, you're the one Mahito said was off limits!" The blonde groaned, letting his head fall back in frustration.
"How annoying! You feel so strong too! Ugh that's okay, someone else is close by." He told me, a small smile gracing his face as he leaped back the direction he came in hopes to find whoever it was he suddenly sensed. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding, happy that the boy recognised my position in their plan because Satoru was surely keeping an eye on me and I wouldn't be able to defend myself properly against Haruta knowing that.

But the same question comes to mind once again, what do I do now?

(A.N ~ Kinda forced myself to write this chapter. I've been going though a bit of a writers block so please comment some motivation! Also if there's anything you'd like to see me write into the plot, let me know!)

Chapter 68 Quote Teaser :

"It seems as if the spirit is only after you and I, brother!"