Waiting ~ Ch19

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

"(Y/n)!"

"(Y/n)?!"

Suddenly just like that, I was back like a doll becoming animated. It was one of those feelings that make you feel like you're falling into your bed when you haven't even moved at all. My soul was sucked back into my body, bringing me back to the real world and coming gace to face with Gojo Satoru.

The silver haired teacher was pushing me back and forth by my shoulders, his face etched with worry and confusion. The lady in the white coat behind him also looked confused although she seemed to be the only one in the room who didn't act on her confusion.

After a few moments of figuring out where I was and who I am, I lifted my head to meet eyes with Toru.
"(Y/n)? Are you okay?" He asked me, his hands now resting idly on my shoulders as he checked my condition. I looked up at him with a small smile before nodding at him. He accessed my smile in confusion, probably wondering how I could smile at a time such as this.
"You were spaced out for a few minutes. I was worried." Satoru explained to me, looking back at the doctor for any sort of explanation as to what happened. But before she could come up with a hypothesis, I spoke up.

"Sorry about that. I'm okay now." I said softly before ducking under his arm and moving towards the bench that was on the opposite side of the room. Satoru's eyes followed me in confusion as I sat calmly on the bench and began waiting.
They clearly did not understand what I seemed to be waiting for. I just sat there staring at Yuuji, waiting.

Satoru hesitantly followed me to the bench and sat down cautiously beside me, looking at me with a hidden sense of pity within his eyes. Although his face seemed calm, somehow now thanks to my cursed technique I am able to decipher people's emotions...whether I wanted to or not.

"You aren't going to cry?" The man asked me with furrowed brows. This question slightly confused me. They all knew the power of Sukuna. They all knew the things he was capable of doing. Did they really think Sukuna would allow his host to die knowing that there might never be another able to handle his power? Could they not sense the tiny spark of Sukuna's cursed energy left in Yuuji's body, hiding perfectly under the layer of his soul?

"Why should I?" I asked softly, not bothering to even spare the man a glance as I spoke. This answer was something even Gojo did not expect to hear from me. He was clearly bewildered.
"He's....dea---You know what? Nevermind." Satoru said quickly, cutting himself off. He clearly thought it would be best not to 'break the news' to me. But little did he know that there was no news to be broken...None that I needed to hear anyway.

"Okay." I said simply, not bothering to explain to them the situation. They would find out soon enough. I started to pay most of my attention to Yuuji, waiting for him to wake up but there was a small percent of me that still slyly paid attention to what Satoru was saying to the doctor lady.

"What's going on, Ieiri?" He asked in a slightly hushed voice, looling back and forth between me and the doctor who seemed to be accessing my behaviour with her eyes.
"Assuming that she's someone close to Itadori, I'm assuming she's dealing with his death in her own way." She explained, a hand on her chin as she spoke.

"She's Sukuna's lover." Gojo explained to her, making her humm in realisation as she thought of her new and improved hypothesis.
"Ahh. Well, my theory still stands. Some people grieve differently." Ieiri said in the same monotone voice she had always been using. Grief? I don't feel any grief. She was wrong.

"But I don't think she understands...that...you know." He prompted, attempting to say what he meant without saying it directly.
"I think she does...deep down. Sometimes pretending that nothing is wrong help people cope." The doctor explained before setting off towards the drawers at the corner of the room where her materials were. Satoru didn't reply to the doctor but only sighed at the sight of Yuuji's lifeless body infront of him.