Infinity ~ Ch38

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

The next few hours went by in a flash. Nobara went over forms of attack with me over and over again, making sure I was positioned correctly to mazimise the force of the attack. Nobara was slightly new to the concept of a fan as a weapon but after testing it out herself a few times, she got the hang of how it worked. She was a really good teacher in my opinion and although I still hadn't tested out what she taught me in a real attack, I already knew she had helped.

Megumi on the other hand spent those same few hours doing the opposite of work. He sat lazily on a branch of a tree watching us with a bored look in his eyes. The boy also contributed to our discussions with sarcastic comments that was always debunked by Nobara's sassy attitude. They were like brother and sister when bickering and I found it adorable.

Currently, we were all waiting for Satoru to return. The teacher said he'd be here at 7pm to treat us all to dinner yet it was 7:23pm and there was still no sign of him. Nobara sighed beside me, swinging her feet even higher from where she sat on the banister. Looking behind me, I saw that Megumi was leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. Was he asleep? Pouting in bordem, I groaned aloud and allowed myself to show my frustration. I hated being kept waiting.

I threw my head back in irritation, meaning to stare up at the sky for a while until my neck hurt. Or rather, that was what I planned to do until my eyes locked onto another set of familliar blue ones. I gasped, quickly sitting up and turning around to face the culprit who by the time I had fully turned, already had his blindfold back up.

After hearing my sudden gasp, Nobara and Megumi both turned to see what it was that I was pointing an accusing finger at with an annoyed expression.
"You! You're late!" I exclaimed unhappily, my cheeks and lips turning into a pout automatically without me even realising it. The man stood unscathed at my accusation, deciding to climb down from his spot on the roof with a deep chuckle.

"Actually, I was right on time. You just never noticed me." He told us cheekily, flashing us a sly smile. Nobara groaned, marching forwards to push the man in frustration only to be stopped by what seemed to be an invisible force field. I tilted my head in confusion as I wanted her angrily bang against it while the silver haired male only laughed in response. But I was confused, why couldn't she touch him?

"Why can't she touch you?" I asked, breaking the ruckus with my soft spoken question. Megumi, Nobara and Gojo all turned to me in confusion before coming to a realisation about something.
"Ahh. You've never seen my powers before, have you (Y/n)-Chan?" Satoru asked with a cheeky grin. I raced through my memory momentarily, realising that he was right. I hadn't seen his powers in action before. I had only seen the raw power of his cursed energy.

So I shook my head at the man, an innocent expression on my face as he got ready to explain it his power to me.
"With my power I'm able to distort and manipulate space at will. My cursed technique allows me to take the space between Nobara's fist and my body and divide it by infinity. This creates infitite space inbetween us, causing her to never be able to touch me." Satoru explained while holding up his hand against Nobara's fist. She demonstrated how she wasn't able to move forward, by pushing against this 'infinity' as he called it. He seemed very proud of his cursed technique. And honestly, he should be. It looked so cool.

All of these demonstrations made me want to test this out for myself. I would never tell him this, but hypothetically there were ways around his technique. He said that he divided the space between us by infinity which means that it will never reach zero. But what if his opponent multiplied the space between them by zero at the same time? Wouldn't that let them touch him? If I was skilled enough, I would have tried it myself. But I think I know by now that I have no control over my cursed energy.