Liars ~ Ch17

#17 on fanfiction!!!!! Thank youuuuu! ♡♡♡♡

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of rustling that came from beside me. The light shone brightly into Yuuji's room, announcing that it was the morning and the start of a new day.

My whole body ached from the over use of cursed energy, drawbacks from yesterday's experimentation with Sukuna. Last night, I was outside for a whole two hours attempting to use different cursed techniques. But it was hard to use techniques you have no idea in what any of them are.

Sukuna was positive that there was more to my power...a more offensive technique. Currently all I seemed to be able to do was feel other's emotions and connect to them on an personal level. But we can't seem to figure out what more there is to it. Yesterday I just seemed to be using the same technique over and over again, learning even more things about Yuuji that pained me to know. There were some dark memories living in his mind and it hurt to feel them.

"Y-yuuji?" I called out, trying to get my eyes to focus on the boy who was trying to put on his coat without making a sound but miserably failing. After hearing that I had awoken, he sighed. He seemed distraught at the sighy of me awake, almost as if he was hoping I'd stay asleep.

"Sorry (Y/n)-chan. I was trying not to wake you." He apologised, looking genuinly upset with himself for waking me up. I shook my head with a smile at his words, assuring him that it was fine.
"Where are you going Yuuji-kun?" I asked him curiously, sitting up from the bed and pressing my back against the headboard as I watched him put on his shoes.

"I'm just getting ready for my mission." He explained to me after having his shoes fully on, now giving me his full attention. His words intrigued me, making me perk up eagerly.
"I see. Am I able to join?" I asked him with a hopeful look. He looked down sheepishly at my request, scratching the back of his head awkwardly as thought about what to say to me. Before Yuuji could even make an excuse as to why I shouldn't join him and his classmates on this mission, a mouth appeared on Yuuji's cheek and decided to do the speaking for him.

"No." Sukuna's voice declared simply. His voice was strict, almost demanding. I frowned at his orders, pouting at him as I tried to fight back for the rights to do what I wanted today.
"But why?" I whined.
"Because I said so. You're staying. End of conversation." Sukuna growled out before the mouth disappeared completely, not even letting me tell him another complaint.

My frown grew which clearly made Yuuji uncomfortable but before he could console me with the words of a liar, a knock was heard at the door. Yuuji let out a sigh of releif, happy to break the tension in the air between me, him and Sukuna. He opened the door to see Nobara and Fushiguro waiting outside the room.

"Are you ready?" Megumi asked him. Yuuji nodded in reply then turned back to me with a guilty expression.
"Sorry about this (Y/n). Goodbye, we'll be back in the evening." He declared before walking out of the bedroom and closing it behind him. I glared at Yuuji as he closed the door...well more like glared at the eye that opened under Yuuji's left eye to look at me just before the door closed.

I didn't understand why Sukuna wouldn't allow me to go on this mission with them. I wasn't a helpless child and even if I was, he was strong enough to protect me. So why did I need to stay behind in this boring school?

After hearing their footsteps dissapear, I opened the balcony doors and stepped out. I began watching the students as a black haired man led them into a car. Watching them with a jealous pout, I began wondering what I should do now. I couldn't do actual things I wanted such as explore to city of Tokyo or practice my cursed technique because both of those options required either Sukuna or someone else. So what now?