Roman's Redemption | Spoilers for Return of the Jam

summary: roman is feeling down, useless, but maybe one announcement will lift his spirits

word count: 444

okay this is kinda spoilers bc i mean we all knew what was gonna happen in the video (and it isn't exactly plot sensitive but i mean it's still technical. also, roman refers to janus as deceit bc he doesn't like him, no closure or "close sibling bond" for remus bc i wanted this to be set in canon, and roman's nickname, cheese, is supposed to be a reference to romano :))

tw/cw// food mentions, slightly unsympathetic remus/janus, kinda spoilers for the return of the jam, sad roman

~~~~

Roman flopped face-first onto his bed. He felt as if nothing was going his way. He couldn't even begin to recap everything that he's been through. His suggestions were turned down time and time again, he's been called unrealistic, selfish, evil. When he tries to protect Thomas's emotional health, aka his happiness, he's scolded for being dishonorable. When he tries to protect Patton from Deceit's lies, he's not the hero anymore, he's the villain. 

It seemed as if nothing he did was right. He thought back to Remus's offer from a month ago.

"Go away, Remus. I told you not to reveal yourself to Thomas and you still did."

"Ouch, I'm hurt, Brother. Maybe you're the bad guy for treating us dark sides terribly."

"What do you want?"

"Well, it turns out that the nerd is more powerful than me somehow. I swung by here, like a head being used to play tetherball, to give you an offer. Alone, we're practically powerless. Sure, we can suggest ideas to Tommy but he doesn't actually have to listen. But if we fused back together..."

"...We'd be stronger."

"What d'ya say, Cheese?"

"I-I don't know. I can't do that to Thomas, or Patton for that matter. We split because we got too out of control, we hurt everyone. Imagine how much more powerful we'd be now that we've grown so much."

"We'd be unstoppable."

"The answer's no, Remus."

Now that Roman thought about it, he might just take up Remus on the offer. He was tired of not being helpful, not being useful, being the one everyone shoots down.

Roman felt a tug, meaning he was being summoned by someone, probably Thomas. Roman groaned, wanting nothing more than to just lay in bed and forget his troubles, but he knew he had to be there for Thomas, even if Thomas didn't want him to.

He rose up to see Logan finishing his last jar of Crofters. Roman rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. 'Is this seriously all I rose up for?' All three sides, and Thomas, waited until Logan was done. Throughout the video, Roman kept reminding Thomas that he would make a great jelly and that his face was great for advertising. He even created an amazing commercial pitch, if Logan hadn't ruined the whole scene.

Roman was just about ready to sink down, knowing the whole video was probably all about Logan anyways. "You're all getting your own jams!" Thomas yelled excitedly. Roman was speechless, he was finally worthy of his own jam? It was a small step, and a pretty insignificant one in most people's eyes, but to Roman it meant the world.

~~~~

ahhhh okay so the new video was so great!! i also cannot wait for more tss content, i need to know what janus thinks of nico!! anywho, hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!

2/19/21