The New King | Implied Royality

summary: patton is the kingdom's new official king, his husband having tragically passed away and leaving patton to rule alone. remus knows something isn't right, so he starts trying to find the truth

word count: 705

i didn't do much research for this one so idk how accurate it is sorry fhfhdksl but hope you all enjoy :))

tw/cw// murder, blood, some pretty evil stuff, oh and there's a scene that's basically a vampire kinda thing which was not the intention but you know what? just deal with it :)

~~~~

Patton nodded his head politely as guests expressed their sympathy for him. The young newlywed prince, now a windowing king. They all felt bad for him, wondering how he would cope now that his love was dead.

"King Patton, I offer my deepest apologies. I share the thoughts of the entire kingdom when I say King Roman couldn't have left us in better hands than your own." Patton thanked the man then wiped the few tears that strained out of his red, sore eyes. Remus, Roman's twin brother that didn't inherit the throne, gestured to the door of the funeral hall. "Patton, would you mind stepping out for a minute?" Patton followed Remus outside, shutting the doors but not turning to Remus.

"So this was your whole plan? The only reason you haven't been kicked out yet is because my parents thought I was untrustworthy and unrefined. But just you wait, as soon as I tell everyone what you did-" "And what exactly did I do, Remus?" Remus scoffed, not being affected by the sly and cold tone Patton suddenly took. "You are a witch, some kind of greedy demon that is worming his way into the royal bloodline to corrupt our system for generations to come."

Patton slowly turned to face Remus, a smirk on his face and not a trace of the sorrow from moments before. "You think you know everything about me, don't ya, Princey?" Remus flinched at the nickname, a nickname that was once reserved for Roman for many years. Patton sauntered up to Remus, looking up at him condescendingly. "You can't even begin to fathom who or what I am, what I'm capable of."

Remus took a nervous step back as Patton's eyes flashed yellow. "Who are you?" Patton smiled, Remus felt a bit dizzy. Suddenly a rush of memories that weren't his flashed through his head.

A young peasant boy, around 18 years old, carefully kneaded the dough. He notices someone walk in and smiles, taking his attention away from the dough to focus on the newcomer. "Good evening, how can I help you today?" "I need power." The boy frowned. "I apologize, I'm not sure how to help you with that." He thought for a moment. "I'm Patton, John's son. Why don't you stay here and talk with me for a small while while I bake you a loaf? I'm sure it'll give you plenty of energy and give us time to get acquainted to one another."

Patton turns his back to the stranger, getting ready to place the dough into the oven. The stranger pulls out a sharp dagger, piercing the boy's neck and covering his mouth in case he made a noise. The stranger places his mouth over the wound, seemingly feeding off of it. The stranger drops the boy to the ground and looks into the mirror, his wrinkles going away as well as the scar along the left side of his face. He slowly shifts into Patton, smirking into the mirror with a yellow glint in his eyes.

Remus stumbles backwards, falling onto his back with a gasp. He looks up at Patton in horror, "Y-You- That poor boy. How could you?" Patton crouched down to Remus. "Power." He dragged a finger down Remus's torso. "I guess you're going to report me to the council now, right?" Patton shrugged and stood up with a smile. "It's not like they'll believe the disgraceful prince over their beloved grieving king though."

"I'll get proof. You killed Roman, just like you killed that peasant boy. You won't get away with this." "Good luck with that, Remus." Patton turns to re-enter the hall then turns to Remus with his hands still on the door handles. "By the way, my first official act as king is your banishment. Good luck getting along with the royal title of banished prince, your majesty." Patton forces his eyes to become watery again before entering the hall.

Guards that Remus had grown up with are suddenly at his sides. They lift him by his arms and drag him out of the palace. All the while, Remus fights against them and screams at Patton who watches him from the doorway with a slight smirk.

~~~~

eeohboy, okay, this was kinda a flop but if you genuinely enjoyed it, i'm glad :)) love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

12/5/20