No Kids | Logince

summary: roman's partner, logan, doesn't want kids but roman does. but, who knows, maybe the idea will grow on him.

word count: 754

one of my best friends posted a picture of herself, and she purposely made the vibe "1980's movie" but i got so much inspiration, i started thinking of a script, and a soundtrack, the primary song (that would probably be the title too bc i think it's funny) was 1980's horror film by wallows like dkhskfjd i could see it in my head, and i was so ready.

tw/cw// sad/scared logan (kinda), that's it :))

~~~~

Even though Roman was only a senior in high school, he knew he was in love. Logan Sanders,  Roman's boyfriend. They met in their junior year through debate and hated each other at first, but the two boys began to work together and fall in love as time went on. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with the logical boy, get married, raise kids with him; he wanted everything.

When Roman spotted his boyfriend sitting by himself, he smiled widely and made his way over. He sat beside Logan with his lunch tray in hand. "I kind of want kids." He said idly. Logan stared at the princely boy, shocked. "Um, that's sudden. You're aware that you're still in high school, correct? Besides, you have no income, no house, no car, and no one to help you with a child, unless you want your parents to help-"

Roman chuckled, cutting Logan off of his rant. "I meant in the future, Lolo. But it's cute that you're so worried; you'd make a great father, you know." Logan gave a small, forced smile. "Thank you, but I don't plan on being one. I don't particularly like children, and I don't know the first thing about taking care of children. I simply don't want kids in my future."

Roman frowned a bit at Logan's response but nodded anyway. "Oh, okay." He knew Logan wasn't telling the whole truth, but he wasn't sure why.

~~~~

Roman rushed into Logan's office, hiding his phone from Logan's view. As 30-year-olds, the two married men got a fantastic house with an office that Logan frequently spent time working.

Logan turned in his swivel seat and faced Roman, a skeptical look on his face. "Yes, Roman?" "Okay, so I know you already said that you didn't want this, but that was over ten years ago. And we have everything now; technically, we're ready for this, I'm ready for this; it's all only waiting on your call." Logan furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

Roman nervously handed Logan his phone; the logical man he's grabbed the device and looked at the screen. It was a homepage for a nearby adoption agency.

Logan raised an eyebrow and glanced at Roman, who was staring at Logan with a desperate gaze. Logan sighed. "I'm assuming this is because you want a child?" Roman hesitantly nodded. Logan thought for a moment. They did have most of the necessities that a child required, and Roman had wanted to be a parent ever since he was little.

Logan looked up at his husband. "If you promise that you'll get rid of the doll, we can adopt a child." Roman would typically put up more of a fight since "the doll" was an Anabelle replica doll that he'd got at some store years ago, claiming it was the original. (Logan hated the doll and always begged Roman to get rid of it.) But instead, Roman squealed and hugged Logan tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you so much!"

~~~~

Logan's hands were shaking as he parked the car. Roman gave him a worried look. "Lo, are you okay?" Logan took a deep breath. "Do you think they'll like painting the rooms? We're not even sure we got the right shades; it's possible that when they said purple and yellow, they could have meant magenta or pastel yellow. After all, six-year-olds don't have as high of a vocabulary as adults. And what if they want some outlandish design that is nearly impossible for us to do?"

Roman smiled and placed a hand on Logan's shoulder. "It'll be fine. Besides, I'm not in theatre for no reason; I am amazing with paint designs, and it's not hard to change the colors." Logan shakily nodded. "Okay, let's go."

~~~~

Roman entered the living room, looking for his sons, Janus and Virgil. He slowed down when he saw Logan asleep on the couch with Janus and Virgil resting against his chest. 

For as long as Roman had known Logan, the man never wanted kids; he was always scared. (Roman later discovered Logan was scared because he still knew very little about people, and he didn't want to hurt the kids accidentally.) 

The princely man had expected his husband to immediately shut down the moment they brought the boys home. But Logan just fell in love with them, becoming the happiest Roman had ever seen him. 

Roman smiled softly and exited the room, leaving his husband and kids to their nap.

~~~~

i legiterally didn't know how to finish this dskhkdjs; it started as a vent where i projected onto logan, but then i was like, "roman needs attention" and here ya go :)) also, school has been so busy lately, sorry this is a lil late T-T hope y'all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

6/22/21