Invitation | Platonic Loceit/Background Anxceit

summary: logan is a huge fan of janus's youtube channel. he's interacted with the other man before but he's not sure if it's enough to consider them friends. janus, however, is ready to cause a huge step in their friendship. 

word count: 352

this is entirely based on ethan and mark's relationship, just with a smaller age gap :)) ik lo and jan are nothing like them but it's really just an idea XD (also sorry about not posting, just a lot of college stuff, applying for jobs, driver's ed, it's all a mess sihdfksdjf)

tw/cw// nervous janus, that's it :))

~~~~

Logan excitedly watched his favorite YouTuber on his phone screen, Lord of the Lies aka Janus Blaire. Janus was about four to five years older than him and, despite his username, actually educated his audience about various topics, usually ophiology and political issues. Logan was a long-time fan, watching the creator for the four years he'd been a YouTuber. 

The nerdy boy had his own channel as well but he was more interested in editing videos than he was in filming them, a fact he'd nervously told Janus in a meet-up at VidCon two years ago and again at the convention last year. He managed to maintain contact with the man after then but it wasn't very frequent. He wanted nothing more than to befriend his idol or, at the very least, be able to have the same kind of impact on an audience.

As Logan watched, he decided he'd probably have to settle on the latter. He smiled at the thought, still content either way. 

~~~~

Janus stared at his message nervously. He desperately needed an editor; his daily uploads were getting to be tiring and strenuous on his motivation and excitement for making videos. His boyfriend, Virgil, could only help so much considering he wasn't as experienced in video editing. 

Virgil sighed and wrapped his arms around Janus's shoulders, resting his head on his right shoulder. "I know I'm usually the one freaking out about stuff so, without sounding hypocritical, you shouldn't worry too much. He's literally told you before that he loves editing. And he loves your videos; you've seen his videos, they're edited a lot like yours. You know he can do the job and do it well. He's an adult that's probably looking for a job he'll enjoy, why not reach out to him?"

Janus nodded and read over his message once more before sending it. 

'Hey, Logan. I hope this isn't too weird but I'm kind of swamped with videos at the moment and I'm looking for an editor. It'll be a paid job, would you like to do a trial video? Let me know ;)'

~~~~

ugh, i have so many drafts and so little inspo to finish them T-T BUT this book hit 20k views a while ago and that's so wild!! i'm really trying to figure out what i should do to thank you all for that bc this book is coming to an end soon, my life is becoming a lot more busy and idk if i'll continue a second book :/ so i want to make this one special :)) anywho, i hope you all enjoyed, i'll hopefully be more frequent from now on (especially now that i'm over my second dose of the pfizer vaccing) love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

7/14/21