Message Mishap | Logicality

summary: logan's not having a good day and his bf notices that throughout their date. he needs to figure out a way to make logan feel better.

word count: 986

just a thingy thing that i thought about while watching elf :) also, i just cut my hair again and i love it, i cut some of my sideburns so short that it gives me the illusion of a shorter haircut and it feels so amazing ahhhh i was feeling very (lil warning) dysphoric yesterday but the haircut makes me feel better :)) (also, this thing is so messy and all over the place, it's unorganized omigosh T-T)

tw/cw// sad logan, crying

~~~~

Logan huffed as he rushed through the busy streets of New York. He should've been at his boyfriend's apartment for their date twenty minutes ago, but his boss kept him back after his shift, throwing his whole day off. His job was bad enough since he worked in customer relations, dealing with plenty of Karens over the phone and in the office every day. Today, however, there were even more complaints, as there usually were around the holidays, someone spilled coffee onto his lap, and his boss insisted he wasn't working hard enough, hence why he kept him overtime. Not to mention this morning, he'd received a message that ruined his entire day; he didn't even bother to respond to the message, he just tried to shove it and the emotions it caused far back into his brain.

The logical man was beyond frustrated with today and he didn't even really want to go anywhere besides his bed, but he promised his boyfriend a date; he'd feel an overwhelming sense of guilt if he canceled.

Suddenly, Logan collided with someone else, falling on the frozen cement with a thud. He looked up to see his boyfriend, Patton, staring at him with a wide grin. "Lo! I didn't expect to see you here!" He held out a hand, which Logan gratefully took before he stood up and dusted himself off. "I thought you got hung up at work, so I figured I'd meet you there," Patton said with a chuckle. Logan gave him a tight-lipped smile while nodding. "Yeah, my boss kept me after work, but I was already on my way to your apartment."

Patton looked around with a smile. "Well, we're already out here; we might as well make the most out of it. Come on." He grabbed Logan's hand and dragged him to a local cafe.

As the two made their way through various activities around the city, Patton tried not to let his excited demeanor slip as he noticed Logan's uninterested reaction to everything. However, Patton couldn't ignore it any longer and so he brought them back to his apartment, which Logan didn't even notice until they were through the doorway.

"Patton, I thought you said you wanted to go ice skating after the pie eating contest." Patton sighed with a soft smile, taking off his and Logan's coats and scarves, before dragging his boyfriend to his sofa. "I can't enjoy myself if my boyfriend isn't enjoying himself either. Do you want to talk about whatever's been poking at you all night?"

The nerdy man sighed, taking off his beanie and staring down at the coffee table. "Today just wasn't a good day at work, it was super stressful and this morning Roman sent me this whole paragraph about why he hates me and how toxic I am." In the middle of his confession, Logan began crying, eventually hyperventilating to the point that he could barely even speak. "I-I just don't know wh-what I did wrong. He's b-been my best friend for so long, I don't wanna lose him, Patton." Logan launched himself onto Patton, hugging him tightly. Patton returned the hug, gently petting his boyfriend's curls as he quietly shushed his harsh sobs.

Patton wasn't sure what he was expecting Logan to be upset about. Work, maybe? He didn't know, but he certainly hadn't expected the root of his stress to be Roman, of all people. Roman was one of the nicest guys Patton had ever met and he treated Logan like a legend any time he came around. The amount of respect he had for his best friend was unmatched, most people even assumed Roman has a crush on the man with how much he gushes about him. 'So why would he tell Logan that he doesn't like him?' Patton thought to himself.

Logan began to fall asleep, exhausted from how much he had to repress and stress over throughout the day. Patton laid the man's head down on a pillow as he stood up and pulled out his phone, walking to his room to dial Roman's number.

The line rang before Roman's voice sounded from the other end, "Prince Roman, at your service." "Ro, did you send a message to Logan this morning or last night?" "Um, no, not that I remember. Why?" Patton sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. He really hated confrontation but it hurt him to see his boyfriend in such a pained state, he needed to get to the bottom of this. For Logan.

"It's because he got a text this morning, from you. It said stuff about you hating him and how he was toxic. I'm pretty sure there was a bit in there about you not wanting to be friends anymore but that's just an assumption." Roman gasped on the other side before there was movement, Patton assumed he was checking through his phone messages. "Oh my gosh, Patton, I don't remember sending that but it was meant to be for someone else, I promise. I think it was super late or super early when I sent it, I probably clicked on the wrong contact like an idiot. I-Is Logan with you?"

"Yeah, but he's sleeping right now. I can let him know when he wakes up, if you want me to. He'll probably call you." "Yeah, that works. Thank you so much for telling me, Pat. Let him know how sorry I am." Patton smiled at the genuine remorse and concern in Roman's voice. That was more than enough to prove that he wasn't lying. "I will. I'll talk to you later, Ro."

He hung up and went back to the living room. Logan was still asleep on the couch; Patton leaned against the wall of the doorway, smiling at the man he loved. 'I'll always be here for you, Lo. No matter what, I will always support you. I promise.'

~~~~

ahhhh okay so, i was supposed to post this on saturday (but i didn't) i'm gonna start posting on saturdays, if i miss but i still want to update, then i'll just post like i'm doing rn :)) i hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

11/23/21