Unique | Platonic Logicality

summary: logan feels alienated by his family, maybe there will be a light through the darkness by the name of patton

word count: 1628

cheaper by the dozen makes me sad, but it's such a great movie (that one and yours mine ours)

tw/cw// roman and remus are jerks (they get a small redemption but still), sad logan, small mentions of food, roman and remus beat someone up :)

~~~~

Logan grabbed his pet frog right as Remus was about to stomp on it. "Could you two be idiots elsewhere?" Roman rolled his eyes. "It's not our fault that you let your freaky pet run around the house, Fed-Ex." Logan stared down at his frog with a sad expression. "I told you to stop calling me that." "We'll stop calling you that when you're normal." Remus scoffed. Logan sulked back into his room without another word. 

"It's not my fault, Ruth," Logan mumbled to his frog once he closed his bedroom door. "They make fun of me for something I can't control. If I could make myself less boring and give myself red hair and green eyes, and freckles, I would do it in a heartbeat. If I could make myself have a constant stream of stories and artistic ideas running through my head, I would do it. I'd do anything." Logan sighed and placed Ruth in her tank, closing the lid. "Anything to make me lovable."

Logan crawled into bed and shut his eyes. It was barely 7 pm, his parents had yet to finish dinner, and it was the last day of summer. If Logan were a normal kid, he'd be staying up as long as possible before school started. If Logan were a normal kid, he'd be eager to eat his parents' cooking and talk for hours before bedtime. But Logan wasn't a normal kid; Remus and Roman made sure to remind him of that any time he forgot. 

But Logan was attending a new school tomorrow; maybe, just maybe, Logan could pretend to be someone worthwhile. 'I can do this.'

~~~~

'I can't do this.' Logan thought with a queasy stomach. Remus and Roman were screaming about something; whether it was a Disney song or just a typical argument, Logan wasn't sure. All Logan could focus on was the idea of a new school. Time and time again, it's been proven that no matter how hard Logan tried to be like his brothers, he still wasn't well-liked. He was still too weird. Why did he think this time would be any different?

"See you after school, boys." Roman and Remus ran out of the car while Logan calmly exited. 

Everyone gave him strange looks, most likely because Logan was wearing a bowtie. He said it was to make himself look professional, which was partially true, but it was mainly there to help ground him when his anxiety or restlessness got too high. "I know Mom told us to look after you, but you'd make us look like losers, so you'll be fine by yourself, right?" Remus whispered. Logan nodded and watched Roman and Remus walk away.

Not even two minutes after the twins left Logan alone, Logan found himself struggling to escape the highly unsanitary dumpster that some older students had thrown him in. He tried to use his go-to excuse, "My brothers are two years older than me, and they're gonna beat you up." But no such luck. 

Logan flinched as something banged against the dumpster, then it hit again and again. 'What are they doing?' Logan thought to himself. Finally, the banging stopped, and the lid to the dumpster swung open to reveal a young boy around his age. "Hey, are you okay?" Logan quickly crawled out of the dumpster, not wanting to spend another second in there. He brushed himself off, desperately trying to take off any trash stuck to himself. "How did you know someone was in there?" The boy shrugged. "The dumpster's never usually locked because Bertha and the girls need it open so they can throw out their trash."