Didn't Mean It | Platonic Intruloceit

summary: janus and remus use logan to win an argument without considering the nerd's reaction. they find out just how affected he is and decide they need to apologize

word count: 719

ugh, this week has been so tiring but this is like my safe space :)) i really hope you guys enjoy this one, it's kind of a hurt/comfort to make up for the recent burst of angest skdhfkj (although it's kind of a double edged sword bc the sadness at the beginning is sad and the ending still shouldn't be resolved so easily/quickly but-)

tw/cw// sad logan, unsympathetic remus/janus, crying, overall sadness

~~~~

Logan watched Janus and Remus strangely. The two were usually very calm and positive when they talked. However, they now seemed to be arguing, something they'd never done.

'I shouldn't eavesdrop.' The nerd thought; Janus had already requested that he ignore them for the time being.'But why do they keep saying my name? If they are having a conflict, what do I have to do with it?'

"Fine. Logan, I have to tell you something." Logan looked up from his work and watched in slight concern as Remus frantically tried to stop Janus from talking. The taller boy just glared down at him before looking back at Logan. "Remus frequently talks about you behind your back and complains about almost everything you do."

The two glared at each other before Remus replied. "Oh yeah? Well, Janus hates it when you butt into conversations and try to act like you're better than us."

Janus scoffed. "At least I'm not the one constantly going around you, Logan, to make plans with the intention of excluding you."

"Oh, but you are the one who says, 'don't tell Logan' every time you want to talk about something." Remus shot back.

Logan looked down at the table, tears threatening to run down his face. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was upsetting you."

Janus and Remus's gazes softened as they looked up at the nerdy boy before morphing into expressions of realization. "Oh my gosh, Logan, I am so sorry; I didn't mean anything. I swear I was just trying to get back at Remus."

The nerd wiped his eyes roughly, squeezing his eyes tightly shut. "It's fine. I'll be on my way if you'll excuse me." 

The two watched as Logan rushed out of the cafeteria, guilt hanging heavily in their hearts.

~~~~

Once school ended, the two searched for Logan, rushing out apologies as soon as they spotted him. Logan shook his head as he looked down, gripping the straps of his backpack. "Guys, it's fine; just...stop." He whispered brokenly. Janus frowned, then glanced at his car. "Well, how about we make it up to you? Please?"

Logan bit his lip before reluctantly nodding.

As they all sat in the car in awkward silence, Janus finally reached his destination, a park the three frequented as young children. They exited the car and sat at a bench underneath the shade of a large oak tree, Janus and Remus on one side and Logan on the other. "Logan, I don't know how we can ever make it up to you. We didn't mean to hurt you, it was a stupid argument, and we really shouldn't have roped you into it. What we said wasn't okay in any way." Janus said remorsefully, although Logan seemed to be focusing on his hands. He watched Logan suspiciously for a moment before looking to his other friend.

Remus sighed. "I just want you to know, Lo, that we don't mean a lot of the stuff we say. We really do love you, and we wouldn't want to be such close friends with anyone else."

The nerd squeezed his hands tightly, moving them together back and forth. Janus immediately recognized the stress signal and moved to the other side of the bench, followed by Remus, to comfort Logan. The stressed boy let a few tears flow down his cheeks before burying his head in the crook of Remus's neck as the concerned boy wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

After a few moments, Logan took a deep breath. "I, um, forgive you both. But you did hurt me, quite a bit." Logan paused for a moment. "I think Pink Berry would make it better." He joked, causing Remus and Janus to jokingly roll their eyes with small chuckles. 

"You know what? Let's go. I actually want Pink Berry right now." Janus said between laughs, going to his car. Remus looked at Logan, both boys with small smiles on their faces. The taller boy shook the other's shoulders, catching the nerd's attention. "You sure you're okay?" Logan nodded softly. "Yeah, I think so. Obviously, I'm upset about it but I'll move on. As long as you guys deal with your fights by yourselves from now on."

Remus grinned and nodded to the car. "Come on, we have to get Pink Berry."

~~~~

i just really like the idea of logan being vulnerable, almost like what thomas said in the patreon live stream :) i've had an interesting past couple of weeks, i really resent the districts for making schools in person again dskfhkfj anywho, i hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

9/28/21