Rejection | Slight Analogical/Intrulogical

summary: logan confesses his feelings to his crush, and he's rejected, but maybe there's someone that can help him through it

word count: 580

i'm sorry in advance to any virgil stans :)) also, remus makes a bo burnham quote bc i honestly think logan and remus would bond over bo burnham dhfksdj

tw/cw// unsympathetic virgil, sad logan, crying, that's it :))

~~~~

Logan Sanders had somehow fallen for Virgil Black. It took him a year to figure it out, but once he did, it was all he could think about. Emotions were complicated for Logan to process. He felt emotions, and he was aware of the general emotions he felt at any given time; he wasn't completely lost on the subject. It just bothered Logan that he couldn't express or articulate those emotions well.

But he needed to tell Virgil something soon, or he felt he'd figuratively implode. So he told Virgil in a very rushed manner with a red face the entire time. He was expecting a nervous rejection or, if he were lucky, an admission of reciprocated feelings. Virgil's actual response was far from what Logan had in mind. "Well, thanks, but I don't like you like that. It's not you or me; you're just not... likable, you're kinda boring actually. Sorry."

Logan gulped and squeezed his hand into a fist shakily. "I apologize if I made you uncomfortable." The nerdy boy sped away from the emo boy and practically ran to the bus stop. His best friends Patton and Roman had told him that most people confessed to their crushes after school, so it'd be easier to leave the awkward, anxiety-inducing situation ASAP.

Once on the bus, Patton and Roman were in a conversation in front of Logan's seat, their usual seating arrangements. The two stopped when they noticed Logan pulling himself into a small ball, using his oversized black sweater to cover himself more. The two went to comfort him but froze when Remus sat down beside Logan. 

"Remus, whatever you are doing, now isn't the time." Roman hissed quietly. Remus rolled his eyes. "I'm not doing anything, Romano. I saw what happened, and it was brutal." Remus softly rubbed Logan's back as the small boy sobbed. "Virgil isn't always the greatest person. He's a little blunt sometimes, and he forgets to think before he speaks. I'm sure he regretted what he said the second it left his mouth. But that's life, and you just gotta deal with the pain. 'Maybe God doesn't believe in you', you know?"

Logan was brought down to sniffles as Remus spoke. When Remus finished, Logan slowly looked up with furrowed brows. "What?" "Bo Burham? You don't know Bo Burnham?" Logan wiped the tears from his face and shrugged. Remus let out an overly dramatic groan and opened his laptop. "Okay, I will not allow you to go through life not knowing who Bo Burnham is."

Remus turned to the computer towards Logan to watch a Youtube clip of "ART IS DEAD". Roman and Patton watched Logan become distracted by the video and get into a long conversation with Remus about the comedian. Patton smiled and nudged Roman, effectively gaining the other's attention. "The important thing is he's feeling better. Remus understands him and knows how to distract him." Roman sighed and nodded. "I just don't want him to be hurt." Patton giggled. "You sound like a dad. He'll be okay; he just needs time."

The two extroverted boys glanced back at Logan, who was animatedly talking about something having to do with science. It usually took Logan a while to get over his emotions; Roman remembered consoling Logan for a week because he realized the fifth season of Sherlock most likely wouldn't happen. Roman and Patton shared a look, knowing that Logan would be okay, and maybe Remus would be the cause.

~~~~

my teachers made this week was so stressful for no reason, so i wrote this as a sort of comfort thing :) also, i made virgil mean bc he never plays that role (for obvious reasons), but i was like, "what if" :)) hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

3/27/21