Let Go | Roceit

summary: janus wants roman to succeed, no matter how badly it hurts.

word count: 417

i'm soo close to losing motivation but imma keep pushing through bc i'm stronger than that B)) also it's virgil's birthday, i wish i'd written something for him but oh well :)) enjoy this pain :)

tw/cw// crying, sadness :))

~~~~

Roman closed the car door and pulled his seatbelt on with a smile. "Okay, so I was thinking we could say hi to everyone at the party first and then we can go get the hamburgers." Janus clenched his jaw and pulled out of the driveway, not angrily, Roman could tell from his glossy eyes he was holding back tears.

Roman frowned and thought for a moment. "It's okay to be upset. I know you really wanted to get into the school but it's okay. I'll help you prepare for interviews for the next fall semester and we'll get through this together." Janus nodded but remained silent.

Roman looked around and furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you sure we're going the right way?" Janus parked in front of a train station and turned to Roman with a sad expression. "Roman, I love you so much. You have to understand that there is nothing in the world that could stop me from loving you. Which is why I need to do what's best for you." Roman laughed nervously. "What are you saying, Jan?"

"Let's face it, I've been destined to be a loser from the day I was born. You, you were born to be a star. You have this amazing opportunity, all your dreams are going to come true, I can't let you push those dreams back to help me catch up. Your ticket's right here, the train leaves in 30 minutes, your dads will be waiting there for you and you guys will look at the dorms on campus." Roman whimpered with tears in his eyes. "No, no, no, please, Jan. I'm taking a gap year for a reason, my dream wouldn't be complete without you in it." Janus shook his head. "No, Roman. You won't be half the person you're destined to be if you're stuck with me." "Are you breaking up with me? No, no, no, Janus. I can't do this, please. I love you." Roman sobbed out.

Janus got out of the car and grabbed a bag he'd packed for Roman. Roman slowly exited the car and followed Janus to his train.

Roman got onto the train and sat in his seat, spotting Janus waving at him through the window. The train began moving, faster and faster. Roman quietly sobbed and clung to the glass as Janus ran as fast as he could, following Roman. The train became too fast and Janus slowed down.

Roman turned around and hugged himself tightly. He was alone.

~~~~

wowowow this hurts (and is definitely based on glee bc i'm unoriginal like that :)) hope you enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

12/19/20