Revenge | Anxceit

summary: the light sides still treat virgil in a demeaning way, not realizing how affected the anxious side really was. janus attempts to solve the problem by helping virgil work through his emotions but virgil decides revenge is the best option.

word count: 478

virgil's villain arc is something i'd very much like to see, just thomas completely falling apart bc virgil says "screw it" skfhdkjf also i might do a story based on mr. peanut butter from bojack horseman and one based on lawrusso from cobra kai/karate kid 0-0

tw/cw// unsympathetic virgil, angry and hurt boyos, controlling/manipulative behavior

~~~~

Virgil sighed. Yet another conversation with the other light sides that proved they only saw him as some harmless pet. Virgil didn't want to go back to the way he acted before being accepted as one of the light sides but it was demeaning and frustrating that they never took him seriously anymore. 'Maybe I should use my powers as payback. My tempest tongue maybe...'

"Thinking awfully loud there, Virgil." The emo side jumped at the sudden noise, he assumed being in his room would mean he could have privacy. 'Guess not.' He thought to himself as he turned around, giving Janus an unimpressed look. 

"What do you want, Deceit?" Janus sauntered around the room, glancing at the posters on the walls. "While I love your venomous comments, I came here as a friend." Virgil scoffed, muttering to himself, "You are not my friend."

Janus eyed him with slight concern, dropping his cool facade. "I...saw what happened with the others. Just now." Virgil turned to his closet, pretending to be looking for something so he wasn't awkwardly standing there. "Good for you." "You know, Virgil, you don't have to let them treat you like that."

Virgil's actions slowed. "You deserve to be listened to and to have your boundaries respected. How many times a day have you had to remind Roman or Patton to stop touching you or your stuff?" Virgil turned to face his old best friend but kept his gaze trained on the ground. "I don't know how to fix it. I think I'd be better off just dealing with it."

"You shouldn't have to 'deal with it', you're worth more than you give yourself credit for, Virgil. You need to show them that you won't tolerate it any longer." Virgil thought to himself for a second before looking up at Janus. "What if we took over? Thomas doesn't need them, not entirely anyway. They've always been holding him back. I'm enough to take over Logan's role, Remus can take over Roman's role and you can take Patton's."

Janus furrowed his eyebrows, watching Virgil warily. "I-I don't know. We're called the dark sides for a reason, we can't embody the others in the same way that they can't embody us." Virgil grabbed Janus's hands, not noticing the way the taller side blushed at the contact. "Janus, there are risks, I know. But we're not getting rid of them completely, they'll still be functioning for Thomas. Aren't you tired of them constantly ignoring you and walking all over you?"

Janus felt himself begin to spiral down old memories. He didn't even notice the change in Virgil's voice, how it became darker and more commanding. "Don't you want to do something about it? It's nothing too drastic, Jan. Just think of it as time out." Janus slowly nodded, conflicted look still on his face. "Okay, let's do it."

~~~~

i just love making virgil unsympathetic, don't i? anywho, hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

7/27/21