Company | Intrulogical

summary: remus notices that his roommate is acting strange. he decides to help him in any way he can.

word count: 607

okay, i literally only wrote this bc i imagined logan just eating multiple cookies all at once dkshkj; also, i just needed intrulogical content after that asides episode omigosh i will be writing a one-shot for that soon, i just wanna give everyone a chance to watch it first :p

tw/cw// sadness, specifically sad logan, mentions of crying, that's it, this one's super short :)

~~~~

Remus bit into his sandwich, idly watching the commercials that played between the show he was watching. He slowed his chewing down, following the movement of his roommate with a raised eyebrow. Living with his brother and his friend was usually uneventful as they all seemed to have a good enough grip on their respective lives, especially Logan. 

So, as Remus watched the normally put-together boy trudge through the living room, looking like a mess, he was baffled. 

Roman, who was working on his laptop beside Remus, shared a look with his brother before following the odd boy to the kitchen. The two spotted Logan eating multiple cookies straight from the package, ignoring his rule of only eating one cookie at night if he wanted one. "Lo? Are you okay?" Roman asked softly. It seemed to take a couple of seconds for Roman's question to register in Logan's brain before he slowly looked up with tired eyes and nodded.

"Are you sure? Because this is kind of the first time we're seeing you in two days, and you seem...off." Roman pushed carefully. The taller, more chaotic twin scanned Logan up and down, noticing he wasn't wearing his glasses, his eyes were red and puffy, his hair was a mess, and his clothes were ruffled up. His eyes widened, everything clicking into place, as he noticed the bracelets given to him by his boyfriend were missing, bracelets he never took off under any circumstances.

He pulled Roman back by the arm and whispered in his ear, "I think Virgil broke up with him." Roman looked back at Logan sympathetically, understanding the issue as well. He left the kitchen, going to ask their other friends for advice on the situation. Remus moved over to Logan and slowly removed the cookie package from his grip, placing them back in the cupboard. "Let's eat something healthy; how about yogurt?" Remus asked softly, more to himself than Logan as he didn't expect him to answer. 

"What's the point?" Logan mumbled tiredly. The taller man looked away from the yogurt to watch Logan. "What do you mean?" The nerd sighed. "We eat healthy to keep our bodies at an acceptable status only to extend our overall life spans. But what should it matter when we are no longer able to keep going? At some point, it'll all come to a stop; everything does. So why fight it?" 'I liked him a lot better when he didn't have Virgil's depressing existential thoughts.' Remus thought to himself. 

He sighed and went back to making two bowls of yogurt. "Living isn't just waiting for everything to end, Lo. It's about discovering the beauty in the world, what makes you happy, what you want to do before you inevitably can't anymore." "I can't..." Logan trailed off, eyes closing for a few seconds before reopening to their half-lidded position. 

Remus handed the small bowl of yogurt to the half-asleep boy in front of him, watching him carefully eat the few scoops absentmindedly. Once he was done, the taller man placed the bowl in the sink and guided Logan down the hallway. Logan, however, froze and grabbed Remus's forearms, not squeezing hard enough to hurt but enough to shock the other boy. "I-I don't want to be alone, please. It's just...too much right now."

The surprised boy glanced back down the hallway, thinking about his abandoned sandwich and TV show. He looked at Logan and nodded. "Okay, come on." They walked to Remus's room, keeping the lights off, and Remus turned on his white noise machine. The two cuddled together on the bed, slowly falling into a comfortable sleep.

~~~~

i see platonic, but shdkjsl i really hope these are good; my schedule's quickly filling up again, so i won't have as much time to write :/ anywho, hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

8/3/21