Beat To Smithereens | Platonic Logince

summary: logan hates violence, he'd rather deal with every situation with logic and conversation. but when someone messes with roman, none of that matters

word count: 913

logan is kinda like abed from community here so yeah :) also a completely different story was supposed to go up today but i decided to give you all a break from angst and heartbreak, yw :)

tw// cursing, fighting (not detailed), yelling, blood, injuries

~~~~

Logan spotted his friends in the distance and walked a little faster to meet them at the front of the school. He was suddenly stopped by the school bully, Dylan. "Woah, where do you think you're going, Ghandi? You need to pay the toll to get through here. 20 beautiful dollars, pay up."

Logan sighed, he never really brought money to school as there was never a reason to. "I regret to inform you that I don't have $20." Dylan's friend Chase put on a forced British accent. "I regret to inform you we are in America, so you better start talking like it." That doesn't even make sense. Logan thought. "Well, I apologize, I have no money for you."

Dylan hummed. "There's always another way you can pay me. I only like three things in this life, robot: money, girls, and beating people up. All the girls, at least the hot ones, are inside. Now you're telling me there's no money, what are we left with then?" Logan answered obliviously. "According to your list, beating people up is all that is remaining." Dylan grinned. "Exactly." Chase and another one of Dylan's friends grabbed Logan's arms and forced him to stand still, not that he was really moving anyways.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" Logan looked around Dylan to see Roman angrily coming towards them. "Or what, Mary Poppins?"

Logan thought for a moment, Now that one didn't make much sense either. Dylan really needs to learn how to come up with creative nicknames, like Roman. Logan tuned back in to reality only to realize that the bullies were gone. Roman's face held concern as he checked Logan for injuries. "I'm fine, Roman."

Roman ran a hand through his hair. "Then why the hell didn't you do anything? Logan, I know you're trained from your boxing classes, why don't you ever fight back?" Logan adjusted his tie. "I don't like violence, Roman, we've been over this. Besides, hurting them wouldn't do much besides get me in trouble and aggravate them more. I've noticed that the more aggravated they are, the worse they treat others." Roman sighed and shook his head. "I really don't understand you sometimes." He mumbled, following Logan the rest of the way to their friends.

During lunch, Dylan and his group came to bother Logan and his friends again. "Seriously? They're determined, I'll give them that." Virgil said under his breath. "Can I help you, Dylan?" Logan asked, ready to be pulled from his seat at any second. "No, I don't care about you right now. I want Roman." Logan slightly perked up at this. "You really think you can say those things to me and get away with it? You must be on some high and mighty cloud to think that the rules don't apply to you, Prince." Logan knew Roman was all talk, he'd never fought someone one day in his life.

"Get up, loser. Fight me then, if you're so badass and brave." Dylan said loudly. A crowd formed around the table, Dylan getting in position to fight Roman. Roman was frozen, he clearly didn't know what to do. Logan was trained to fight, that was true, but it really only worked if it was a fair fight. Dylan was practically two times Logan's size, in weight and height.

"We all know you're a wimp, a little pussy. This is why no one likes you, Prince. You suck, you're terrible at everything and you don't deserve to exist."

All facts were figuratively thrown out of the window. Logan didn't care that Dylan was bigger than him, he didn't care that he would feel terrible after using violence to solve his problems, he didn't care that the fight wasn't fair, he didn't even care that he would definitely lose since he was weak. All that mattered was that this asshole had insulted his best friend, the boy who always tried to make life easier for Logan, the boy who was basically Logan's brother at this point, and he'd have to pay for that.

The next few minutes were a blur, the next thing Logan knew he was in the nurse's office. He had a black eye, many cuts and bruises littering his body and his face, a bloody nose, and one of his teeth was nearly knocked out, causing his mouth to bleed profusely. When Logan thought about his injuries, it explained why there was so much blood on his shirt.

Roman came into the room and pulled Logan into a soft hug, careful not to hurt him. He pulled back and stared Logan, Logan decided to keep staring at the ground. "Logan, why did you do that?" Logan shrugged. "Why not?" "Well, you've basically sworn against violence in the past and Dylan is huge, fighting him results in this." Roman gestured to Logan.

"You make good points, but I care about you a lot, Roman. You're my best friend, I like to believe you and I are closer than the others because we've known each other longer. I didn't like what Dylan was saying to you, I couldn't sit by and watch as he hurt you. I hope you know that none of what he said was true." Roman sighed and sat down next to Logan. "So you got hurt because of me?" Logan shook his head. "No, I got hurt for you. There's a small difference."

Roman chuckled and leaned his head on Logan's shoulder. "Right, sorry."

~~~~

logince is so beautiful, in every shape and form :)) anywho, hope you enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!

9/5/20