Talking to the Moon | Platonic Analogicality

summary: patton talks to the moon after each day, hoping there's someone listening on the other side.

word count: 232

this one's more of a drabble, very very short dhdjdk but plz take it, it's all i have for rn also, this week has been kind of stressful and my teacher is being rude and annoying rn :( but my friends do make it better and i'm hoping the stress will go away by next year :))

tw/cw// crying, sad patton, implied character deaths 0-0

~~~~

Patton got into a comfortable position in his bed. Once he was settled, he looked up at the moon with a small smile, the giant round ball in the sky shining through his window.

"Hey Virgil, Logan. I hope today was good for you guys, it was pretty good for me too. I met a man named Janus and his sons, Roman and Remus. They were a lot like you two: around your age, same hair colors."

The man paused, looking at the photograph across the room with a frown. The picture showed Patton with his husband, Logan, and Virgil, their son. It was taken a week before the crash, before Patton lost his whole world.

"If I'm being completely honest, I'm not doing well without you guys. I'm surviving, but I'm not happy. I used to love baking and cooking but I can't even touch the stove without breaking down anymore. Work isn't as fun without you coming to my classroom throughout the day, Virge. My lunch isn't as good without your little notes, Lo."

Patton sighed shakily, wiping at his eyes before looking back up at the moon with a smile. "I know you can hear me, somewhere. And someday I'll see both of you again, my starlights."

The tearful man turned on his side and fell asleep, ignoring the pain in his heart from the emptiness of the bed.

~~~~

okay but bruno mars songs are soo good, like i don't know a lot of them but they're really good fhdhjsks idk if it was obvious enough but patton had a husband and a son but they passed away and now he talks to the moon to imagine they can hear him on the other side :,) anywho, hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

9/21/21