Frenemies | Platonic Roceit/Past Moceit (NO SPOILERS)

summary: roman and janus have had a rocky relationship, but they still came back as friends in the end, maybe this will be the one time they can't make amends...

word count: 1602

okay this is SUPER long and it took SUPER long but in my defense i wasn't home all day so i couldn't work on my hw, i couldn't draw, and i couldn't write so ya can't blame me :) also i'm really tired rn and i doubt anyone will see this rn, they probably won't even see this in the morning, so don't blame me for any typos or whatever (not that anyone ever does bc y'all are really sweet but still)

tw// crying, fighting, mention of death, mentions of jerky jerks, roman being a little meany boy >:(

~~~~

Roman and Janus never had the best relationship. All of high school was filled with insults spouted at each other, petty pranks, rumors spread, sometimes it went as far as physical violence. But all of that was in the past.

Now three years after graduation, Janus and Roman were roommates with Logan, first Roman's high school best friend and now a friend of Janus's. Roman and Janus's relationship was on the mend, they weren't BFF's but they were close friends. They mostly got along, they rarely fought, everything was great.

Janus knew he cherished to friendship more than he let on, he had no real friends, not even his family cared much for him, especially not after he came out. But Roman was there for him at his lowest, he accepted him, everything he had done for Janus was appreciated. That's why Janus was currently trying to diffuse the situation before his anger got too out of control.

Roman was mad at Janus, the reason unknown to Janus, and was trying to argue with him. "Roman, just calm down, let's talk this out, okay? I have no idea what you're talking about, can we just pause and rewind?" Roman glared at him then stormed into Janus's bedroom.

Janus could tell Roman was up to no good so he followed him, desperately trying to calm him down or figure out what was wrong.

Roman grabbed a pair of scissors from Janus's dresser and one of his shirts. "Admit it." Janus's eyes widened. "Okay Roman, seriously, put the scissors down. I don't know what you're talking about." Roman shrugged and cut down the middle of the shirt.

"Roman! Seriously?!" Roman grabbed one of Janus's sweaters. "I'm dead serious, tell me the truth." "I am telling your the truth! I don't know what you're talking about!" Roman cut into the sweater, the cut was more awkward since the fabric was thicker, there was no way Janus could fix that one.

"Okay, fine. Um, I used your mug this morning." Roman looked unimpressed. Janus cursed then thought some more. "I stole your clothes? I took an extra hour in the bathroom this morning just to spite you and Logan?" Roman grabbed a picture off of Janus's vanity mirror, Janus was on the verge of tears now.

"Roman, please not that. Anything but that, you know how much that picture means to me, please." His voice broke, Roman showed no sympathy. The picture was of Roman, Logan, Janus, and Patton after graduation. Janus barely became friends with the group after beginning to date Patton, the picture reminded him he wasn't unlovable, that there was always someone there for him. The picture meant more since just a year after they graduated, Patton had died.

"Look, I'm sorry for whatever I did. You can destroy my entire room, you can throw my phone out the window, literally anything, but don't destroy that picture, please." "Admit what you did." Janus let his frustration slip out a bit, "I don't what I did, Roman, just tell me!"