Murderer | Moxiety

summary: a murderer is on the loose in virgil's town. his classmates decide to throw a party, so he decides to go, being the average teen he is. he'll surely get a surprise at this party, though.

word count: 1422

ahh, okay, so not particularly proud of this one (like it doesn't really make sense sjdhfkdj) but characters losing their minds and then blaming others for their pain is my favorite trope, so we're keeping this lmaoo (bonus points if they blame ✨society ✨)

tw/cw// injuries, mention of fighting, yelling, unsympathetic everyone (except maybe remus, at least everyone else is mentioned to have done something🤷), blood, weapons, death, mentions of murder, i'm really trying not to spoil anything here shfdksdfj

~~~~

Virgil looked around the party anxiously. 'A murderer is on the loose, and my entire school decided to have a party at Roman's house because, of course, they did.' He thought bitterly as the teens played games and joked around.

"Hey, Virge, you okay?" Virgil turned to his boyfriend, Patton, and smiled with a nod. The boyfriends pulled each other into a tight hug, comfortable in each other's embrace.

Roman entered the kitchen, smiling at Virgil and Patton. "Aren't you lovebirds cute? Speaking of lovers, have either of you seen Janus? He went out back a few minutes ago, but I haven't seen him since."

Patton titled his head at Roman, eyebrows furrowing in concern. "No, I haven't, actually. Sorry. Maybe he went to the store." Recognition flashed in Roman's eyes before he nodded.

"You're right; he did say something about running low on snacks earlier. Okay, thanks, buddy, see you guys later!"

The two boys shared a look after Roman left; Virgil wondered where exactly Janus could be. "Do you think he's okay?"

Patton hummed thoughtfully, "I think so. Janus is a very resilient guy; if anything were to happen to him, he could definitely put up a fight." He said with a laugh.

~~~~

After a quick trip to the bathroom, Virgil realized everyone left while he was in the restroom. He sighed and made his way out the front door.

Idly waiting on his boyfriend, Virgil looked around the driveway before something caught his attention from his peripheral vision. He furrowed his eyebrows and turned, eyes widening at the stomach-churning sight of his best friend, Janus, hanging from the garage door. Blood ran down his body, though it was dried, proving he'd been there a while. 

The terrified boy slapped a hand over his mouth, keeping his sobs silent. 'The killer either was here, or they still are here.'

As he looked around the empty forest and farmland surrounding Roman's house, he figured that being inside the house might be his best bet. He heard his name being shouted from behind as he ran back inside the house.

Turning around, he saw Remus and Roman coming from separate sides of the house. "Virgil, let me in, please! Remus killed Jan; he killed my boyfriend! Virgil, please!" Roman yelled with a sob.

Remus shook his head frantically. "Virgil, you know I was inside the whole time, and Roman wasn't. He probably killed them! Get me away from him!" Remus begged.

Virgil hesitantly picked up a discarded wrench with shaky hands, aiming it at the two of them in fear of one of them being the killer. Both of them pleaded for their lives, Virgil tried to keep his breathing steady. 'No way am I becoming killer bait tonight.' He thought, cursing under his breath before closing the door on both of them, ignoring their panicked shouts.