Ferris Wheel | Analogical

summary: virgil has been emailing another closeted gay kid in school, who goes by blue, for the past year. after their emails were leaked on the school website, and after virgil having to deal with the struggles of coming out to his friends and family, virgil publicly asks blue to join him on the ferris wheel at the local carnival, hoping blue will accept the invite.

word count: 378

yes, this is a love simon au, i just had to :)

tw/cw// kinda embarrassed virgil, cutesy fluff :)

~~~~

"'So Blue, if you're willing, I will be riding the Ferris Wheel all night, waiting for you to show up.' It sounds great; I don't know what you're freaking out about." Virgil groaned into his pillow. "What if he hates me? Or he's too scared to come out to everyone? Why did I post that? I'm just pressuring him, give me the phone; I'm going to cancel it." Virgil stood from his bed and reached for his phone. Patton pulled back and shook his head. "Virge, calm down. If he does show up, great, you'll have a new boyf-" 

"No, not a boyfriend. Just a friend." Patton rolled his eyes. "Fine, a new friend. If he doesn't show up, I'll send Janus up there, so you aren't embarrassed." Virgil whined. "That'll be even more embarrassing." Patton shrugged, "That's your only way out."

~~~~

It was 10 minutes before the park would be closing, ten more minutes of waiting for Blue to show up. Virgil didn't dare to look anywhere but Patton or the sky as he sat there alone. It was embarrassing enough to ask for this publicly; it wasn't much better with all these people staring at him from below. As Virgil approached the bottom once more, he was ready to die as the worker opened the bar in case anyone would ride alongside him.

Suddenly, Logan came running in from the ticket booth and handed the worker his ticket before sitting beside Virgil. The ride started up again; Logan stared down shyly as Virgil watched the side of his face in shock. "You don't have to be here to save me the embarrassment." Virgil spoke carefully. 

Logan chuckled. "I believe I'm here because you invited me." Logan could almost see everything piecing together in Virgil's head, causing him to giggle. "B-But I thought you were..." Logan shook his head with a smile. "I tried to convince myself that maybe I could be straight, but I'm not." "So it's you." Logan looked at Virgil nervously. "That doesn't bother you, does it?" Virgil shook his head. "It makes it better, actually."

The two boys leaned in closer; as the ride reached the top, their lips met. They ignored the cheers from below; all that mattered was each other.

~~~~

it's been like four years since i've seen love simon, so i don't remember much, but yeah, take this :)) anywho, hope you all enjoyed, love you all, stay safe, buh bye!!

3/6/21