Chapter 24

Jisoo's P.O.V

I moved my body to the enticing and sensual beat of the song. The DJ played exotic beats and I was loving it everyone was enjoying themselves to the fullest.

I mean why wouldn't they? We won the first match of the season, this is the time to party people!

All the students were cramped up in the dancing studio that was decorated specifically for this reason. Students from every school were invited to the celebration whether they won or lost in the Magic School Tournament. Some were sitting by the bar, drinking (don't worry underage students were not allowed to, we made sure of that).

Teachers and principals weren't here as this was a secret party set up by the B Class Students of Majestic Academy. Everyone had gotten a hidden invitation with the location of the party and its happenings. It was set up in the late evening right after the first day of the Magic School Tournament and of course, with the outcomes of the battles, there was a small reason why everyone wanted to celebrate.

Usually, I'm not the type to party hard, I'm typically the shy and loner girl in the corner trying to find her friends so she won't feel left out and lonely. I and the girls would make many jokes about how I would always get scared by the huge crowds of people. The only one in our group who was more introverted than me was Wendy. Everyone else could at least talk to people normally. You should see the way I and Wendy socialize, it's not pretty and super awkward.

But something was different about tonight. I wasn't sure if it was alcohol in my system or just the adrenaline coming from the battles held earlier this morning. But I was living for it and I didn't want it to stop even for a millisecond. I'm going to dance my ass off until my feet fall off my body.

I bumped into people here and there, not even bothering to apologize like you would expect my usual self to do. Bodies moved towards me and rubbed against my own but my mind was way too caught up in my zone. I didn't care what was happening around me, my mind was in too much of a euphoric state to even bother.

I could feel eyes on me and for a moment I felt like I was in the club, dancing all sexily as the hot male protagonist watched me from afar. I suddenly started laughing at myself, what's wrong with me? What kind of weirdo thinks like that? Hot male protagonist my ass.

But hey, I wouldn't mind if that happened.

I was left completely dumbfounded when I looked right behind me, towards the bar to see a certain someone staring at me as I moved through the dance floor that was filled with energised students.

My breath hitched and my eyes widened as his gaze caught mine. His expression was blank, nothing out of the ordinary, he usually always looked at me like that, with no emotion. And I was used to it. I tried to let it not bother me but sometimes I just wish I could somehow get closer to him, some way in which my words and actions could get a reaction or a response out of him.

We were around each other very often, sharing many of the same classes and even having slept over at each other's dorms. But somehow I always felt like he was so reserved, never wanting to share his thoughts and always observing from the sidelines. He would always seem so talkative around his members, always pulling dad jokes and laughing. But whenever someone else infiltrated his personal space, he would get so quiet and distant.

It was a weird sight honestly, he almost seemed bipolar. Especially if you noticed how quickly he can shift from one to the other.

I guess I can't complain much since I'm pretty much the same but there was always just something about him being so quiet and distant that bothered me.

A smirk made it's way up my face as a horrible idea popped into my head. My sober self is going to despise me for this but at that moment I felt like I could be the next superwoman and fly through space. So a little tease like this seemed nothing to me.