Chapter 67

Powers 👇👇

Yeri; Water Manipulation, Psychic.

Lisa; Ice Manipulation, SuperSpeed.

Nayeon: Dark Magic.

Professor Dill: Dimensional Storage Spaces.

Jungkook: Electricity Manipulation, Time Control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After running down the circular stairs, the noises of metal clanging, screams, and the smell of burning wood and blood were all the more intensified. A fracture of birthstone-bright light peeped through the cobra black sky. It seemed like they had been fighting all night, for it was somewhere near morning though only small amounts of sunshine made it through the large trail of forests. Usually, at this point, you would hear the cheerful chirping of birds and the sound of nature coming back to life. However, the case was different whenever war was going on.

There were so many enemies, the number of opponents increasing by the minute. It looked like the robots would never stop coming, and unlike mechanical machines which could be repaired after having been punctured in the chest, it was far more life-threatening for the students and guards in the battle.

The theatre of death filled up with wailing and whimpering sounds as the saturated earth became oily with ichor. The putrefying stench of a thousand battles seemed to come from it. The acrid taste of charred magic was in the air, mixed with fumes and smoke that would make your eyes burn and tear up.

The scene on its own would make you want to vomit and that's exactly what Joy did. She puked while they stood on the sidelines, farther away from where the main battle took place.

"Jungkook," Yeri exclaimed. He swiftly looked back at her tearing his eyes away from the sick Joy. "I need you to take Joy to the nurses. I'm going to take care of this fire." She simply stated, turning her back on him and sprinting towards the burning woods.

"Wait!" he managed to stop her. "What about Tzuyu?" He questioned.

"I don't have time for her right now, I need to stop this fire." She informed, just as a giant tree from the Embla Forest fell a few meters behind them, taking down some students and robots along with it. It fell with a boisterous thud and caught on fire instantaneously.

Taking a few short breaths to calm himself down and not think about it, Jungkook countered her argument. "But if Yoongi was right, and Tzuyu's being forced into this somehow we need to save her." He protested, going closer and jerking her by the shoulders tightly to grab her attention away from the chaos surrounding them.

"Please, first take Joy and Wendy to the nurses. You can come back and find me here afterwards, we'll deal with Tzuyu together then." She pleaded, getting more and more impatient.

"No, Yeri, you'll be left alone. We can't risk leaving you all by yourself." Seulgi objected, a stern look on her face. She remind Jungkook a lot of Yoongi at the moment. However, there was still a strained look in her eyes and you could tell she was extremely tired and had exhausted herself.

"No, don't worry, I won't be alone." She beamed, looking at the two of them with hopeful eyes. This got them both confused and just as Seulgi was about to protest once more, she was interrupted.

"Yeri!" A desolated voice spoke out, sounding far away yet close by at the same time. It was familiar. Very familiar. "Yerim!"

They looked to their left and coming from the Embla Forest was probably the purest and cleanest face either of them had ever seen after having been in this battle for so long.