Chapter 31

⚠️Warning ⚠️

This chapter contains some very abusive and triggering scenes it's best if you skip this if you feel very affected by stuff like this.

I'll put a small ❌ when the scene starts and ends. Love you and stay safe 💋

Lisa's P.O.V

It was the start of the 5th and second last match of the season, Majestic Academy had lost the fourth battle, meaning that if we lose this one as well, we'll have no choice but to work our asses off for the last match. I furrowed my brows, looking at the scene happening in front of me. What's with all the confusion?

"Where's Professor Du?" asked Jungkook as I shrugged my shoulders. I noticed Professor Dill whispering something into the other principal's ears as they nodded. He then came forward into the middle of the arena and asked the MC for his mic as he had an announcement to make.

"Good Morning fellow Majestians," he started, his bored voice echoing throughout the stadium. "Due to some minor inconveniences, Professor Du will be unable to participate in this and the upcoming match. She has asked me to take her place to release the light which chooses the participants so please your silence will be appreciated," but still there were some students who managed to whisper to each other as he said that. And Jungkook was one of them.

"What happened to her?"

"I don't know," I replied, "She's probably just sick or something," he nodded before leaning back into his chair. I doubt that was the case though. With Wendy telling us how adamant Professor Du was at wanting to win the Magic School Tournament it seemed weird that she's suddenly not going to attend the last two battles. Even when there is a four-day vacation in between the 5th and last match.

After a while, Professor Dill released the ball of light into the air as it instantly started zipping around the area. Unlike Professor Du's light ball which was sparkly golden in colour, this one was a rather darkish green and mysterious looking. Is it even the same thing?

I pushed back my suspicions as the first pick was made. Castlebroxo's very own elemental student and member of group Mamamoo, Wheein stood up at the mention of her name. She made her way down the arena and into her waiting room.

The ball of green light then again started moving around the area. For a second my eyes shifted to the tall and sharp-featured principal of Cloud Tower. He was keenly staring at the ball, observing everything. He never seemed to show much interest in this but he seemed rather alert and watchful today.

Maybe it was because this was his first time making the light in the Magic School Tournament but he didn't seem like someone to get nervous over such stuff.

You're overthinking it.

I shook my head and before I had even realized it, all the participants had already been picked. Last time, Momo had gone against Jeongyeon, one of the members of Twice. Due to Jeongyeon's ability to take away and conserve energy she was able to take Momo out in no time, which left her ego badly damaged.

A lot of us had stayed back at our dorms today to practice, since I had already participated there was no chance I was going again until next year and so I just decided to watch the tournament in case something shocking happened. But so far the only thing that grabbed my attention was Professor Du not being able to attend.

I doubt it's that big of a deal anyway, I just always think of the worst-case scenario.

Lisa? Lisa?

Wendy spoke her voice almost like an echo. I looked around me to find her nowhere near me. "What's wrong?" Jungkook asked, noticing me glancing around.