Chapter 29

Wendy's P.O.V

"You can't be serious?"

"I am, she knew from the beginning,"

"Why didn't she tell us anything!?" Lisa yelled, visibly frustrated.

"I don't know, I find it suspicious too. I don't what she's up to, but I'm not getting any good vibes from her," I spoke as everyone in the room sat there silently.

"So what you're saying is, that Professor Du knew we had stolen those certificates, did nothing about it, and now she made a deal with you that in exchange for winning the Tournament she'll provide us with information about Lisa and Yoongi being twins?" Namjoon evaluated as I nodded my head yes.

It sounded rather manipulative and problematic but we didn't have any time to discuss that. Her intentions or her tone of voice were something I knew I had to push out of my mind if I was going to plan on doing something. It's not like we have any other choice, all the leads we found led us to dead ends. If we wanted any sort of information at all, this was our only chance.

It made me uncomfortable just how silent the room would get sometimes. It usually won't be like this. There's always some sort of mess going on somewhere.

I remember there was one time when Jimin and Jungkook were making milkshakes for everyone and Jimin forgot to put the head on the blender before starting to mix it. The shake went everywhere and instead of drinking a lovely refreshing milkshake, we had to clean it off the roofs and floors.

Or that time when Momo and Jennie had randomly started dancing at 2 am which ended up walking up all the girls. We had then invited the boys over and had a sleepover party, the chaos that ensued afterwards was just.... insufferable.

But as we all sat there in silence, the reality of the harsh world dawning upon us, it was difficult to say we were the same people we were at the start of the year. I didn't think my life could get any more complicated but here we are. So much had happened and so much more was going to happen. I just wished we can all get through it and that this part of our life flashes through our eyes like light.

"What... What kind of information does she have about us?" Lisa asked hesitantly, breaking many of us out of our thoughts. Her head was bent down and her voice feeble, it must be really hard to even speak any words at the moment.

Both, Lisa and Yoongi were so adaptable that sometimes it confused me. I mean obviously, there were awkward moments between the two, or moments where there was confusion and frustration. But they had adjusted to the whole situation so rapidly it stunned me. Maybe it was because both of them already had hunches about it, but still, there should be some sort of apprehension, right?

"Information about your real parents," I answered.

Lisa inhaled a shaky breath of air, shock and anxiousness visible on her sharp and fixed features. Yoongi seemed to make no reactions whatsoever. Whenever I would catch a glance at him, he seemed to just be in his world, wondering and thinking, as if he was forming his plan, his theory, all alone in his own space.

"And do we think we can trust her," Taehyung asked, looking around the room. "I think we can, she seemed pretty sure. Also no matter how suspicious or sceptical we might be of her, I doubt she'll break this promise, I just have a feeling she's telling the truth," the guys seemed more hesitant than the girls, for the right reasons of course. We knew her much longer and were considered pretty close.

"And what if we don't win the Tournament?" Asked Yoongi, finally looking up from the ground. His chocolate brown eyes bore into mine, the intensity something I never thought I'd see on his face. He seemed so lost before that it shocked me just how forlorn he looked at this moment.