Chapter 46

~~~~~~~

People gasped and screamed, wondering what was happening. Jennie lifted her head and used her hands to shield her eyes from the light. She noticed a figure in the middle of it all and recognised it immediately as Taehyung. He was on his knees as she had left him, but now his hands were spread out and his head leaned back.

"But I thought....?" Jennie whispered so lowly that someone else might have mistaken it for a small breath of air.

She gasped as the light shadowed something behind him. The light died down and instantly, Majestic wings emerged from Taehyung's back. They were bigger and more realistic than his previous ones, and held all the shades of blue, going from lightest to darkest. His eyes opened, and he looked straight at Jennie, a deep midnight blue sparkle omitting from his them. She gasped, her heart leaping from her chest. A smile formed on her face and soon turned into her whole body beaming with happiness.

As if the switch to her life source was turned on, the colours of the world all returned to her. The bright patches of green caught her interest, the bright colours of the flags, the sky with its perfect weather condition and most important of all, him.

He's alive. She thought.

She immediately stood up from the ground, her knees wobbly but she didn't care. She ran towards him, not minding the light and hugged him as if she hadn't seen him in years. He gasped as he felt her living, delicate and dainty form wrap around his naked torso. She breathed into his chest as he hesitantly hugged her back, sniffing her soft lavender-scented hair.

All of a sudden a bunch of people surrounded them and members from Bangtan decided to join in on the hug as well. Everyone flopped around Taehyung like a flock of birds and cheered and chirped at his healthy figure.

"Hyung!" Jungkook yelled, his infamous bunny smile brightening up the whole room. He crushed Taehyung's body, holding him with so much force it was a surprise both of them were able to breathe afterwards.

Congratulatory cheers were spread all around, but confusion was the dominant emotion Taehyung felt. How did he survive? What made him live? Wasn't he going to die? He didn't feel any more symptoms of his curse, his wings had returned permanently with their colours attracting attention from everyone. He was beyond confused. Is this a dream?

"This isn't a dream angel,"

The voice was familiar to him. It was a female. Probably in her late forties. She had such an authoritative tone but somehow it was still laced with such elegance and softness. The words boomed with echo, but the gentle hush and breathy-ness of her voice calmed him down.

"Where have I heard that voice before?" Jennie questioned, also finding it resonating with something she felt she had long forgotten.

"I hope you haven't forgotten me already,"

A small sparkle of glitter and earthy tones caught the double holder's attention. There stood the Lady of Stones, in all her glory, looking as ethereal and calming as ever. She wore a bohemian dress fitted with colours of red, orange, blue and green. A small light brown belt tied her dress to her waist and a large shawl of the same colour covered her shoulders and draped down to her ankles. Her grey hair looked to be longer than before, now reaching up to her chest with its ends producing a natural wave. Her tanned skin brought out the sparkle in her green eyes. Jennie wished that when she was in her forties, she could look that majestic and beautiful.

"Lady of Stones?" Taehyung asked, shocked.

He shook his head and blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't seeing things. But when Jimin came around and hit him on the shoulder, asking who she was, it was confirmed that she was real.