Chapter 35

Irene's P.O.V

The nectar sweet smell of flowers grazed my nose as I heard the gushing sound of the waterfall. I sat down on the glade-green grass as the sound of intoning bees filled the area.

The waterfall was a pretty turquoise colour and it seemed almost otherworldly. It was swishing over the rocks joyfully and thundering down into the ecstasy pool, forming foam at the bottom. The rest of the water was as clear as cellophane which enabled us to see all the rocks at the bottom of the lake. The huge trees around us are the towers of the forest. It smelled earthy and sweet as Jisoo and I ate the berries we had picked up from the trees earlier.

For practising, Jisoo and I had decided to visit the Shanella Waterfalls in the Forest of Doom. It was a nice peaceful place. Small, filled with flora, and just heavenly to look at.

(It's pronounced Shaa-nil-la in case you were wondering)

We were talking about a break from practising and were eating to replenish our energy. Our bodies were covered in sweat and in no time I saw Jisoo taking off her shoes and jumping into the lake, the water splashing everywhere. It was school property, meaning the students could use it. But since it was a good 20-minute walk from the buildings, not many people visited this area. It was my first time visiting it in over two years. And honestly, I don't know how, but it looked better than it had before.

I smiled as I thanked the trees for providing me with shade. Majestia's temperatures were never seasonal. It changes monthly. And it wasn't slow shifts from one season to the other like how the humans have it.

The magical barrier that protects us from being seen by the outside world has its side effects. And this was just one of them. It's somewhere around the beginning of December, meaning it was the month of Spring. Majestia usually experiences extreme weather shifts. Just only a few days ago it was the cold month of Winter, or better known as November. Everyone was wearing hoodies and socks. Now, you can see people wearing sleeveless and having pool parties. Adapting can be difficult sometimes, but it's fun to watch how quickly nature redeems itself.

Truly inspiring.

As Jisoo swarmed around in the lake, splashing around, I heard the light crunch of leaves. Someone was coming.

I looked to the side but couldn't hear anyone. I guess super hearing can have its effects. After a few long minutes, I saw a tall body frame heading in my direction. The man was almost six feet, his hair purple like it had always been, and his dimples showing as he got himself to smile at me and Jisoo.

"Oh, Namjoon?" Jisoo called out as he waved her from the dry land. She waved back before nodding her head at me.

I was wearing shorts and a brightly coloured red crop top, the most I would ever reveal my skin. I could tell he noticed but out of respect he didn't bothering looking or commenting on it.

He slowly sat beside me, keeping a fair distance, and signed. "How's practice?" He asked. He sounded distressed.

"Okay, I guess. Did you know, I can dangle on walls?" I asked all out of a sudden as he looked at me, confused. "What do you mean? You're super sticky now too?"

I chuckled at his comment.

"No. Since I have superhuman strength, I just dug one of my fingers into the cement wall and was able to dangle onto it for a good two minutes before letting go." I explained as he made a weird face, trying to imagine it.

"That's a lot of strength," He muttered after a while, impressed. "I saw a huge hole in the ground while I coming over, did you suddenly cause an earthquake too?" He smirked. "Maybe," I spoke, shrugging my shoulders and looking away.