Chapter 45

~~~~~

"Total Eclipse!"

A huge coruscation occurred, the light blinding the students eyes causing them to squint or protect themselves with their hands. The feeling was similar to that of having multiple different and independent cinematic lighting's on you all at the same time, blurring your vision.

No one knew what happened, all they had heard was Taehyung casting a spell, and then their eyes were blinded by an immense amount of light. As soon as the bright beam of sunlight disappeared, students noticed the dark and thunderous clouds to be visibly fading away. The sun shone again over the stadium after a long time, providing people with warmth, it's rays terribly missed by the greenery of Majestic Academy.

People pointed, asked questions, shouted, whispered, made assumption's, and waited as the MC continued to feed everyone's anticipation and excitement. When the light completely cleared out, the crowd noticed Nayeon to have transformed back from her Vertigo stage. She now wore a ripped and destroyed black leather jacket, black pants that were tethered by the seams, boots that were muddied and her shoulder length brown hair irregular by the ends.

Taehyung had a solid grip on her before he too started to feel his exhaustion. He let go of her and thankfully one of the nurses had managed to catch Nayeon before she fell to the ground.

And then the sudden realization hit everyone.

Majestic Academy had won.

Students of Majestic Academy rose to their feet and roared with excitement. Every single one of them felt the rush of adrenaline in the veins, the loud pounding in their hearts, the satisfaction and kick of winning the Magic School Tournament after four years. They all stood up, reached their hands up and jumped around screaming and hugging each other. It was like they had won a basketball championship. After struggling for years to make their team be the best, they had finally won.

"TAEHYUNG IS OUR KING.

HE FLIES MAJESTIC WINGS.

TAEHYUNG IS OUR KING.

HE SAVED OUR MONTHLY SPRING.

TAEHYUNG IS OUR KING

WE'LL NEVER FORGET HIM!!"

The crowd sang in chorus, though this might have been the stupidest rhyme any of them could have ever made, no one cared. The exhilarating feeling of finally being the winners of the Magic School Tournament was far greater than any sort of embarrassment. And so they continued to sing, over and over again, as Taehyung tried his best to stay in the air and alive, the crowd cheered for him excessively.

It was Jennie's high pitched scream that caught everyone off guard.

"No!"

Taehyung's wing disintegrated since he had no purpose for them anymore. His eyes closed in exhaustion and he had no energy to brace himself for the fall. Jennie ran past students in the bleachers and burned the fences to a crisp, allowing her to enter the arena.

People watched, and slowly their song died down. Taehyung thankfully landed on his feet but was not strong enough to keep his balance. Jennie's petite frame ran over to him, and let his body fall on her as both their knees hit the ground.

Taehyung's head hid in her shoulder as she held him together by wrapping a hand around his waist and back.

"Tae..." She whispered, gulping down her saliva as she noticed his weak and petite form. She felt so depressed. Like the beauty around her was gone. The green landscapes, the pretty flowers, the clouds that clung together to provide shade, the sun that had started to set, creating a vast mixture of purples, pinks and orange. Nothing could brighten up her mood. Everything beautiful that surrounded her lost its meaning, it's importance, it's energy to calm her down. She was incredibly sad, for she didn't wish to see him die right in front of her and not be able to do anything.