Chapter 8

Austin and his grandfather walked in just ten minutes after her, but Andy had already had a shot of tequila and was working on a margarita by the time as he and Austin made it to the table.

"Little early for a drink don't you think?"

Andy smiled looking up at Grandfather as they both sat down.

"Well it's always five o'clock somewhere and I figured one wouldn't hurt too much."

"Well then I can't let you drink alone."

Andy laughed as the server came by to take their drink orders.

"So how was your talk with Father Stevens?"

Andy smiled.

"Good, a very nice man."

"We had separate talks with him but we will be having one together at the rehearsal next week."

"Good, I'm glad. Now talking about the wedding, Andy will you be inviting any friends?"

Andy shook her head.

"No, I don't have any. Leo has been pretty much the only family and besides Austin and Vivian, I don't have anyone else."

"So back home you never went out?"

"No. I mean I had co-workers, but never anyone I would consider a friend. I worked three jobs, went to school, so I never really had time."

"Three jobs?"

"Waitress, babysitter on weekends and at the local hospital getting my internship done."

"That's impressive."

Andy shrugged.

"I had to do what I had to do and I didn't mind, I like working."

Austin looked down at her, but she wouldn't look at him. He wanted to tell her who was in his office and that it didn't sound like what she thought but then again he didn't think she cared as she wasn't even upset about it.

"And are you planning to work at all?"

Andy smiled, excited to share the news with someone.

"Actually I was offered a job today at the hospital."

Austin and his grandfather each shared a look. Grandfather one of being impressed and Austin of confusion.

"You didn't tell me..."

Andy sighed and looked up at him with a smile.

"I just found out before I headed to your office, I was going to give you the good news, but I wasn't allowed in so I figured I would tell you later. I guess right now is as good as place as any."

"You do know in our family the women don't work."

Andy looked over at Grandfather.

"Yeah, Austin told me, but I thought that maybe you would make an exception with me as I can make you any pie you want?"

Grandfather laughed then, shaking his head.

"Good one."

"Please? Just for a year and if I can't have dinner on the table on time and the laundry made and the house clean then I'll quit."

"A year of pies, it sounds promising."

"Grandfather, are you serious?"

"What, do you not want her to work?"

"If she doesn't have to, no."

Andy looked up at him.

"But you said to apply when we were at the hospital."