Chapter 29

Vincent turned out to be more help to her than expected. After finding out her news and then that of Austin's decision he helped her out as much as he could. Getting her a transfer to the hospital of her choice, she left without looking back.

Andy got herself settled into what would be her new home. It wasn't the best thing in the world, but it was the only thing she could afford on her own and she fixed it up to look as good as any other apartment. Of course Leo and Vincent both offered to help, but she didn't want their help. She was determined to do this on her own and prove to herself that she didn't need anyone else.

Of course it didn't stop Andy from looking over her shoulder every time she was out. She was always afraid that he would find her, see her and then she would have to confront him. Although she was thousands of miles away, she was still afraid and she knew it wasn't good for her.

"Andy, you need to relax, this isn't good for you."

"I know, I just... do you think I should tell him?"

"So you do know who he is?"

"Of course I do, I'm not a whore. He was my fiancé until he broke it off."

"Why did he break it off, if I may ask?"

"He just said he couldn't do it, that he made a mistake."

"Think it was because of someone else?"

"I don't know and I really don't want to know."

"Okay well you have to stop whatever is doing this because I promise you if you don't you'll have major problems."

Andy took a deep breath and let it out.

"Okay, I promise."

"Good now, how about lunch?"

Andy laughed, nodding.

Since the minute Andy walked into her new OBGYN's office she knew they would be friends and sure enough they have been inseparable from the very beginning. Shiloh was famous around town because of her father, but she kept to herself and did her job not really caring about what other people thought and Andy really admired her for that.

"So dad asked me to ask you if you wanted to go with us to the vineyard this weekend."

Andy gave her the look.

"I told you, I'm not interested in your father."

Shiloh laughed.

"I know, but dad seems to really like you and well I mean dad could get your foot in the door."

"Shiloh I told you I wasn't interested. I like my job just as much as you love yours and I don't try to change that."

"But I make a large amount of money, you, you need money Andy."

"I do just fine!"

Shiloh knew that this was getting heated fast, so she dropped it.

"Fine, but come with me, I promise you'll have fun."

"Fine, but just because I need to get the hell out of the city and I miss the country."

"I'll tell daddy."

Andy rolled her eyes as they finished lunch before Andy had to get some errands done.

"Austin, hey how's it going?"

Austin looked up from his plans in his hands to see the owner of the house coming towards him.

"Great, just some last minute touches and we're all done."