Chapter 66

Austin thought he was just going to grab a drink with Blaine and talk about Andy, but Blaine called his friends, and they had a different plan.

"Not what I was expecting."

Vladimir patted Blaine in the back and brought him over to the table.

"Just trying to get your mind off of everything."

Blaine shook his hand and sat down.

"Drinking isn't going to fix what I did."

Austin sat in front of him, and he was contemplating on telling him or not, but the more he saw him drink his despair away, the more he felt bad for the sad bastard.

"I talked to her."

Blaine stopped mid drink, swallowed and glared at him. Blaine hated that they still spoke.

"What did she say?"

Austin didn't know if he should tell him. There could be a possibility that maybe there was nothing he could do.

"Austin!"

"Sorry, ummm... I don't know how to explain it. It's complicated and I know that a lot of what she's feeling is a result of what I had done to her in the past."

"Fuck, she's leaving."

Blaine took a shot and the guys tried to tell him it's not the same.

"Don't say that."

"Yeah, Andy loves you."

Austin looks at Angelo and Miguel then to Blaine.

"She doesn't feel safe, and she doesn't trust you."

Blaine knew, he's known in the pit of his stomach that he lost her, that she was not the same anymore and Austin just confirmed it.

The guys also knew, they knew they had messed up, but they somehow thought they could work this out.

"What else did she say?'

Austin took his own shot and sighed, looking down at the glass then up at them all.

"She's angry, hurt. She thinks that she had to protect her family because you didn't."

Austin could physically feel all of their guilt.

"It wasn't just that you lied, it's the fact that you put her and the kids in danger."

"I would never do that!"

"But you did by bringing them into your house and you should have known that!"

Austin glared at him, leaning forward with is finger in Blaine's face.

"I told you what he did to her and yet you had them there! What if they got out, ha? Then what? You think Andy could have fought them off while protecting her children?!"

"The house was surrounded, they were safe."

"No, they weren't because then Andy wouldn't have been able to get to them so easily! Blaine, she doesn't trust you anymore. What she thought was her safe place is no longer that and you took that away from her when you brought them in and lied to her about it."

Blaine could only shake his head, taking another shot as tears threatened to fall out.

"So that's it."

"I don't know, she didn't give me an answer. I told her to talk to you, but she said she couldn't."

They all sat there in silence. Blaine going through everything in his head, but he knew, he knew he had screwed up and possibly lost the love of his life.