Chapter 10

After each keeping to their sides of the bed, they both only had a couple of hours of sleep before they got up, each keeping to themselves. By the time Leo came to get them, Austin was ready and Andy was just finishing packing her bags.

"Ready?"

Andy nodded and zipped up her bag, dropping it down onto the floor.

"You alright?"

"Fine."

Leo knew better and lifted up her chin, then looking at Austin.

"What happened, you two were fine at the wedding."

Andy pulled her chin away.

"I'm just tired."

Leo looked at Austin and for their benefit he smiled at his friend to let him know it was for another reason.

"Forget it I don't want to know."

Leo took Andy's bag and walked out, as Andy looked around, but Austin stopped her.

"Please, I don't want to fight."

"We're not."

"Then look at me and tell me you're not mad."

Andy looked up and looks right into his eyes.

"I'm not mad."

"But you went to bed without saying another word."

"Because I was hurt, I still am."

"Was it that bad?"

Andy couldn't help but laugh.

"Not that! You, what you thought of me and what you said to me at the end."

"Well you do run away."

"I didn't want to argue. That's not how I wanted you to find out and I was so embarrassed, but it's not like you made it any easier."

"I'm sorry; I didn't know how to react. I just assumed being as beautiful as you are and kind, caring, that someone else might have had the pleasure of making you a woman."

"You mean..."

Austin shook his head and kissed her.

"Stop, I don't care what happened. You're here, you're with me and you're my wife and I'm honored that I'm the man who..."

"Well it's not like I had a choice."

"Will you stop interrupting me and let me finish?"

"Sorry."

"Like I was saying, I'm honored that it was me even if it wasn't the conventional way of doing it."

"Well we haven't been much of a conventional couple, have we?"

"Nope, but still, it was our wedding night and I really wanted to make it special."

"It was, until the end of course."

"I liked the begging better too, especially when you were yanking on my hair."

"Oh my god Austin!"

Andy tried to step away, but Austin pulled her against him, kissing her.

"I love you and I promise that I'll make it up to you."

Andy sighed, feeling her wall crumble back down. She didn't know what it was about this man, but he did things to her that no one else has been able to do.

"I love you too."

They kissed for a second before they hurried out and met their grandfather looking impatient.