Chapter 4

Austin was nervous, his grandfather was coming over and he needed Andy to get there as soon as she could even if they had to lie to her. Leo had texted Vivian before he called and so she was in on it as well. He guessed waiting until the weekend to tell her the plan would have to be sooner than later.

"Stop it!"

"She's going to hate me, I just know it."

"No she's not, not when she sees your grandfather."

Just then they heard the car pull up to the house. Austin tried not to look desperate, but his grandfather was due any minute and just as he finished that thought, his grandfather's driver pulled up.

Austin pulled the ring out of his pocket and went up to Andy.

"Hey, hurry put this on."

Andy looked down to see the single carat diamond ring.

"Why?"

"Please, do this for me and I swear I will buy you, do anything you want me to do for the next year."

"Austin!"

His grandfather was approaching.

"Please?"

Andy saw the desperation in his face and eyes so she took it, putting it on just as she was turned to come face to face with an older version of Austin.

"Grandfather."

They hugged and then all eyes were on her.

"You must be the fiancé."

Andy almost choked at the words, but she held it on and kept the smile on.

"Andy, nice to meet you sir."

She stepped up and held out her hand, which got her a disgust look.

"She doesn't hug?"

Shit...

"Grandfather be nice."

"I was just being observant. It's not like you to keep her away this long and then all of a sudden I have to hear from your sister that she's here."

Andy looked up at Austin who looked tense and a bit pissed, shooting daggers at Vivian. Wait, was she his sister?

If it wasn't for Andy next to him he would have probably had lost it, but he didn't want to scare her.

"We wanted to surprise you with a dinner, ask you to come over."

"Well I'm here now. I hope you know how to cook young lady."

Andy was about to open her mouth, but she thought better of it when she looked at her brother shaking his head.

"I was just about to get the groceries out of the car."

Leo took the opportunity to get out of there.

"I'll get them."

Andy glared at him knowing exactly what he was doing. Her brother had a great deal of explaining to do.

Andy and Vivian were in the kitchen as they were hearing Austin try to convince his grandfather to invest in the farm. Apparently they were doing okay, but just needed the extra boost to grow.

"Grandfather, I'll pay you back."

"I have no doubt that you will. It's not your ability as a business man that's keeping me from giving you the money, it's your lack of family."