Chapter 33

Shiloh waited long enough before she gave up and headed to the hospital, finding her dad still with Andy.

"Did you find him?"

"No, he wasn't home and I waited, but I couldn't any longer."

"You tried."

Shiloh nodded and sat down next to her friend, taking her hand.

"I'm going to find him and when I do I promise I'm going to kick his ass."

Victor laughed. Then Shiloh felt her hand squeeze.

"Oh my god she just squeezed my hand! Andy can you hear me?"

Victor took her other hand, but that was all they felt, but it was hope and that's all Shiloh could ask for.

After the twenty four hours of heavy medication, tests and scans, they took her out of quarantine and into ICU as she was still not out of the woods yet, but she was away from any grave danger.

"So we just wait now?"

"Some patients come out of it sooner than others, it all depends on the person. You can try talking to her, tell her about her baby or sing to her, her favorite song. Andy is a strong one and I'm sure she'll want to see her baby soon."

"Thanks doctor."

"I'll have the nurses monitor her on a regular basis, but I think you should go home, get some rest and we'll call you if anything else changes."

After the doctor excused himself, Victor stayed while Shiloh went to take a shower and get some rest.

Victor was getting restless as the time went by and decided to step out for a little with the promise of the nurses to call him if anything changed.

Austin woke up early the next morning and headed straight for the hospital to spend all day with his daughter, but first he asked how Andy was.

"She's out of danger, but still in ICU."

"ICU?"

"She had a major virus infection to her immune system, thankfully no organs were damaged."

"So she's going to be okay?"

"We're hoping."

"Come on give me a chance to see her, just for a little bit, at least so she knows how her daughter is doing."

Austin knew he cracked her when she sighed.

"Thank you!"

"I didn't tell you anything."

"Of course, you're the best."

As Austin walked into Andy's floor he looked around to see if anyone was around and then headed to her room where a nurse was taking her vitals.

"How is she?"

"Still hasn't woken up, but still stable."

"Still?"

"It happens to a lot of patients after they've been placed in a coma for twenty four hours."

Austin realized then that it was worse than he initially thought and it was obvious she didn't know him as she smiled before leaving them alone.

Going in further, Austin sat down next to her and looked at her from head to toe and back again before his eyes landed on her face. She looked peaceful, but looking pale, but still beautiful.

"Hey Love."

He took her hand with one of his own while his other touched her cheek. Andy's heart skipped in her chest, making her take a deep breath and move.