Chapter 7

Andy was the first to pull away when she heard the throat clearing and turned around embarrassed that he let him do that.

"Well that was quite a kiss you two."

Austin's grandfather was smiling because he remembered when he gave his bride her first kiss and this was definitely their first.

"Sorry grandfather, I got carried away."

"It's alright, first kisses are always better when they're in the moment, isn't that right Andy?"

Andy's heart was pounding against her chest and if she wasn't flustered she was now. That man had an eye for everything.

"Yes, of course."

Then he laughed, making Austin look at his grandfather with surprise.

"Let's get out of here, we have one more stop."

No one moved until Grandfather was outside, that is when Andy let out the breath she was holding.

Austin handed her a tissue then and watched her as she changed her shoes and handed the box back to him. The ride in the car was silent and even more so when Grandfather kept looking at them with a smile that both of them thought was kind of creepy.

"I have to admit that I put the condition on you because I thought she was a complete bogus thing made up by you and Leo, but now that I see it, I believe it. I'll finally be able to retire and die happy knowing you found someone to share your life with just the same as I did with your grandmother."

"Retire?"

"I'm selling the company or if you want, it's yours. Whatever you decide the earnings from it will be yours on top of everything you'll be getting."

"That's a lot of money grandfather."

"Which you've worked really hard for."

"Thank you grandfather."

"The only thing I ask is that you take care of this young lady because nothing is worth it if you don't have the love of a woman next to you."

"Of course I will, she's the reason why I've work so hard these last two years."

Andy didn't know what they were talking about, but she wasn't about to say anything.

"Andy, do you think you can do me a favor?"

"Of course."

"I would like to walk you down the aisle. I've never had a daughter and I'm sure if I had one she would be just like you."

Andy looked up at Austin who was looking down at her.

"It's up to you."

Andy looked back at Grandfather and nodded.

"I would love it if you did."

"Excellent! Now I just need a grandson and my life will be complete!"

"Now hold on there, grandfather."

"Oh I know, I give it a year."

As crazy as it sounded, Austin wished it would be true. Andy prayed it wasn't.

Andy was exhausted by time they arrived home from dinner and all she wanted to do was go upstairs and take a long bath.

"Andy, you have a minute?"

She wanted to tell him no, but she went up to him and sat next to him, taking off her shoes.

"Yes?"