Chapter 37

"Hey Andy that was amazing."

"Thank you!"

Andy had no idea who she was, but she smiled and started making her way over to her table when her waist was taken and pushed into a dark corner until she was face to face with the person. Her heart was pounding against her chest as she knew exactly who it was even if she couldn't see them.

"What do you want?"

"Why are you doing this?"

"I'm not doing anything."

"Yes you are. You're with him, I can see it in his eyes that he loves you."

"Why do you care?"

"I don't, I just want to know why it had to be him? He's your friend's father."

"Really, you're asking me that?"

"He's old enough to be your father."

"At least he's mature enough to know what he wants, to fight for what he wants unlike some people I know who like to throw everything away when things get a little tough."

"It's not even like that. I had my reasons."

Andy laughed, shoving him away.

"Then keep your damn excuses and stay out of my life."

"You know that's never going to happen as long as we have our daughter."

"Yeah and you'll abandon her just like your son once your new girlfriend gets knocked up, then you'll have three different baby mamas. You should be so proud."

"At least I can have all the kids I want."

Austin didn't know what was coming out of his mouth until he heard her intake of breath. He cursed himself, but Andy wasn't going to let him keep hurting her.

"You're right you can, but I don't mind having just one because I'll spend my living days dedicated to her to show her that regardless of life throws at you, you move on. You pick yourself off the floor and live on regardless of how much it hurts. My biggest fear is that you'll hurt her as much or more if she doesn't become who you want her to be when all I want is for her to be happy, have all the things I couldn't have or do."

"She's my daughter, I would never hurt her."

"I really wish I believed you, but you are her father and there's nothing I can do about that, but pray that you'll do good by her and love her."

"She's my little girl there's nothing I love more."

Austin stepped forward and took her head between his hands and wiped her tears.

"Unless there's someone else I should love just the same or maybe more?"

Andy let out a cry, but pulled away, wiping her tears.

"You wouldn't know it if it hit you in the face."

Andy walked away then, going straight for the restroom. Taking a moment to gather herself and fix her make-up she walked out of find Victor looking for.

"Hey."

"There you are, I'm ready to go."

"Oh me too."

"Perfect, let's go."

Once home, Victor bid her goodnight and promised to come pick her up in the morning. With holly in her room, Andy watched her daughter sleeping and prayed that tomorrow she would stay safe with her father.

By morning Andy only caught a few hours of sleep before she handed her daughter off to Holly and she was off to her next job.

"Good morning."