Chapter 40

Andy was looking at the snow coming down when Cindy came in.

"Carlos wants to talk to you."

Andy got up and went up to her, grabbing the phone.

"Hello?"

"I'm just calling to let you know that a car will be picking you up in an hour. It will take you to the airport. Someone will be waiting for you, follow them, understood?"

"Yes Sir, but where am I going?"

"Doesn't matter, what matters is that you get here understood."

"Yes Sir."

"Good, now pack warm and be a good girl."

"Yes Sir."

Carlos hung up and looked around before heading back in. After Austin found out about the house he knew that he needed to get her out of there. He would have to hide her in the last place they'd look.

Andy was packing a bag with Cindy's help when there was a knock at the front door.

"It's just the driver; I'll get it, just finish packing."

Cindy ran out and Andy continued to pack when she heard gun shots and Cindy running back in.

"Carlos's office now!"

They both went in and locked both doors. Cindy knew all the places for the guns and handed Andy one.

"Do you know how to use one?"

"Yeah."

"Good."

Andy checked it just as their doors were being broken into.

"Come out Cindy!"

Cindy went to the bookcase and pulled down one of the books to reveal a hidden passage way.

"Go!"

Andy ran in and Cindy followed just as their doors were shot opened. Andy didn't know what the hell was going on, but she ran through the passageway until they came to a dead end.

Cindy frantically started looking for the loose rock when they both heard the other end being opened.

"Help me, we need to find a loose rock."

Frantically they both started looking until Andy stepped onto something and a door opened.

"Cindy!"

Cindy pushed Andy out, making Andy land on her hands and knees.

"Get up let's go!"

Andy got up after Cindy, but the pain she suddenly felt was greater than her will to run. Cindy heard the gun go off, but she never stopped running knowing that if she did she would be dead too.

"What the fuck happened?!"

Carlos didn't care who heard him at this point, he wanted answers!

"There's no trace of either one of them. The explosion destroyed the entire house and there's no way they could have survived it if they were in it."

Carlos slammed his hands down against the table and screamed.

"No! No! No! Get everyone and search the damn state if you have to, but you find them and you find them now!"

Hanging up, he threw everything from his desk onto the ground, causing staff to come in.

"Sir."

"Get out!"

"But..."

"I said get out!"

He then pulled his gun out and made sure they knew he wasn't playing. Once the door was closed, Carlos broke down, but his phone soon rang again. Without looking, he answered.