Chapter 34

Austin was coming home from spending time with Andy and the baby when he noticed Shiloh sitting on the steps of his home. When he pulled up, she stood up, holding onto a teddy bear and it seemed like she had been crying.

"Shiloh, what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk."

He knew there was a lot that he needed to explain to her and one of those things was why he did what he did.

"Let's go inside."

Shiloh followed him into the house and she automatically looked around, looking for pictures and then there it was.

"You married her?"

Austin sighed.

She went towards the picture and picked it up, looking down at it. The first thing she noticed was the way they looked at each other, this made Shiloh put it back.

"Coffee or Tea?"

"Neither, I just want to talk."

"Alright."

He took her over to the living room and they sat down.

"What would you like to know?"

"How is she?"

"Better, we named the baby today and she was able to hold her."

Shiloh nodded her head as she looked at the teddy bear and then looked up at him, handing it over to him.

"This is for the baby."

"Madison Raylene or Mady Rae for short."

"That's a beautiful name."

"Thanks."

Shiloh didn't say anything for a second or two before she looked back at the teddy bear.

"Do you still love her?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to try to get her back?"

Austin didn't know what he was going to do.

"I don't know. Right now it's just about trying to get both Andy and the baby better. They said a couple more days and they should be able to get out together."

"Do you know if she's going home or staying here?"

"I don't know. Knowing Andy, she'll probably go back to get away from me."

"Would you let her?"

"I haven't really thought about it. Like I said my focus is on getting them better, but if she decided to go back then I'd let her."

"You would? You would just let her go and with your baby?"

"Would I have a choice? Andy hates me."

Shiloh didn't believe that, but she didn't know what her friend was thinking right now.

"I don't know Austin, you two have a baby now."

"We do, but that's not going to change anything unless Andy says it does."

"Tell me the truth, why spend time with me if you still loved her?"

"Just because I loved her didn't mean we were together. You were the first woman since Andy that I really saw myself starting over with."

"So if Andy never had the baby or you never found her, we'd still be together?"

"Yes, without a doubt. I wished Andy the best wherever she was and thanked god for giving me the opportunity to know her, but I wasn't really looking for her. I know what I did and do I regret it? Every day, but I really believed that Andy deserved better."