Chapter 22

Andy was a complete mess as she got on her flight in hopes that Carlos would calm down and not be as mad at her as he was now.

By the time Andy arrived in New York it was early morning and her phone had stopped. Heading to his hotel she called the front desk to make sure he was already gone and when they confirmed it, she arrived, heading up with the key they had for her.

Taking a quick shower and getting ready, she made her way to his office.

"Hi, may I help you?"

Andy smiled at the gentleman at the front desk.

"Yes, I'm here to see Carlos."

"Mr. DeLoera is in a meeting right now."

"Do you know how long it will take?"

"He just went in, so about an hour or so."

"Alright, I guess I can come back."

"Actually he's due to fly out soon after."

When she saw him look her up and down with a look she was familiar with she knew he thought she was some woman off the street.

"Where?"

"Home to his wife."

Andy smiled, leaning against the desk.

"Cancel his flight, I'm already here."

That made him wide eyed and stand up.

"You're Andy?"

"Yes and I was hoping to surprise him before he got too mad."

"Oh you're late on that one, he's furious."

"I know, but I had to surprise him somehow."

He laughed and shook his head.

"Let me see what I can do, go on ahead, his office is on the third floor, I'll let them know you're on your way."

"Thank you!"

He handed her a badge and she ran into the elevator as her heart began to beat against her chest. She was hoping this would make him forget about not calling him.

As soon as the doors opened she recognized Cindy.

"Andy?"

Andy smiled.

"Hi Cindy, how are you?"

She looked confused.

"I'm sorry I was told his wife was coming up, are you his wife?"

Andy nodded with a sigh.

"Yeah, it's only been a couple of months, but yeah he found me!"

Andy saw her face fall and nod. Andy knew that Cindy had always been in love with Carlos, but Carlos only had eyes for Andy.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry. I really thought that you and he would have been together by now."

"We were, but he never stopped loving you and well... but I'm fine, I'm really glad you're here. He's been in the worst mood ever."

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Well I better get back to work, good luck."

"Thanks."

Cindy closed the door behind her while Andy sat in her husband's chair. She turned it around and waited.

It was about ten minutes before she heard him barking out orders and then come into his office, slamming his door shut.