Chapter 21

Andy found out the day she married Carlos in Vegas that Austin had gone back home to be with his family. It had made her sadness that much stronger, but like everything else she pushed it back. Her faith was set and she had to live and deal with it. The way that they had treated her she knew there was nothing that could ever make it any better.

Carlos had also started treating her better since she moved in and hadn't laid a hand on her since that day. He was being romantic with her by sending her gifts and flowers to their home and work. Being married seemed to make Carlos lay back a bit with her and she was thankful for that.

He allowed her to keep her job as long as she went to work and straight back home.

By the holidays they spent them together as Leo and Vivian took Chloe back to Europe, so it was only her with all of Carlos's friends and that side of the family.

After New Year's Carlos left for work back to New York and left her because of her own work.

"I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Okay, call me as soon as you land."

"Of course, love you."

"Love you too, be careful."

They gave each other a kiss and Andy watched him as he got into his car. It wasn't until he was out of sight that she let out a breath of relief and headed back inside to get ready for the day. The staff was gone for the weekend and so she had the house for herself. Her plans were to lay around and bake Chloe's birthday cake. She had promised Vivian she would bake it for the party this weekend. She had been practicing with the classes that Carlos allowed her to take on her days off since he worked most of the time.

Taking a quick trip to the supermarket she got everything she needed and was just about to go pay when she spotted him, buying cases of beer and liquor. He was on his phone smiling so he didn't see her. This was her opportunity to get over a couple aisles. She went into the less than fifteen items and scanned her own things. She could feel him, she knew when he was looking at her, she always knew, but she refused to look up. Once she paid she took her things and hurried to her car, getting in and speeding out of there.

Austin could feel her a mile away if that was the case, but not today. Today she was right there and looking more beautiful than ever. He had finally gotten himself better and was able to fly down to be there for Chloe's 1st birthday and maybe get a chance to see Andy. He had heard from Vivian that Carlos was treating her well since they got married. Austin hadn't been doing any better. He still got divorced and Grandfather had allowed it. He still was able to keep the money and the company in his name so he was back to get the Farm going again after the winter and focus his time on his architecture even if Carlos worked there as well.

The one thing he was surprised was that Carlos wasn't with her. He watched her until she walked out and he had the urge to follow her, but he knew he would see her at the party and then he would know if she still loved him or hated him for what he had done. Austin hoped she still loved him because he still very much loved her.

Andy was just putting the cake into a box when her phone rang. She quickly put it in and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby."

"Hey, you didn't call me last night."

"I know I'm sorry, what are you doing?"

"I was just going to head to the party. I promised I would help."

"You can't go."

Andy sighed.