Chapter 12

Arriving home was a bitter sweet moment. On one hand she had the house to herself, but on the other hand her things had been delivered to her, including her wedding gown.

Most women would have either put on the gown and drowned in their misery or have burned the damn thing, but Andy wasn't like other women. She took it to the cleaners and went to the hospital to get the job she was offered.

Two days later, she was sitting in her room going over some things when she heard her name. Andy jumped off her bed and ran down to see Vivian and Leo come in.

"Hey we're home."

Andy smiled at her brother.

"Welcome home."

"How's everything around here?"

"Good, I start work tomorrow."

"You are, at the hospital?"

"Yeah, they were very happy that I wanted to start sooner."

"That's great!"

"Also I found an apartment and I know that..."

Leo shook his head.

"You're not hiding again, I won't allow it."

Andy sighed.

"I'm not hiding, I just think its best."

"I quit the farm, you won't have to worry about..."

"You did what, why?"

"Because it was best that I did. I'll find another job."

"Leo, but you love the farm, it's the reason you moved here."

"Yeah, but I'll find another."

Andy went down to her brother and hugged him.

"Thank you for what you are doing, but you don't have to, I'm okay with it."

"But I'm not and I made sure he knew."

Andy pulled away, looking at him.

"What did you do?"

When he didn't answer she looked at Vivian.

"What did he do?"

"My brother deserved it, what he did to you was wrong and after everything you were going to give up your life to help him out. He should have told you from the beginning."

"So should you two, but no one did, hell everyone knew except me and yet you all still pretended there was going to be a wedding. Hell there was!"

Andy was getting upset and had to stop herself.

"Forget it, what is done is done and I'm moving on. The good thing was that this all came to light now and not before things got too complicated."

"Well what is done is done and that's that."

After hanging out with the baby for a while, Andy went to bed getting ready for tomorrow.

Life went on, time went by and the heart begins to heal, at least that's what Andy told herself every day when she woke up. She was grateful to be alive, healthy and progressing as a nurse every day. The only thing she wasn't progressing at was forgetting, even when she tried, she couldn't and the moment she thought that she could, her dreams would remind her of what could have been.

Andy had moved out of her brother's house, but visited frequently as she helped Vivian with the baby on her days off and would come over on the weekends once every couple of weeks to babysit.