You/Annie Leonhart - Listen

AN: Modern AU

Annie was pissed. You hadn't listened to her warnings and you had ended up getting hurt. Despite being angry with you, Annie still took care of your wounds.

"Annie? Are you mad?"

She didn't acknowledge your question, simply just continued cleaning the cuts that you had managed to get. You pouted at her, knowing she was a sucker for it but even then, it didn't work. She wouldn't look at you. All she was focused on was dressing your wounds.

"Annie? I'm sorry for not listening to you. You know how Eren is, he just pressures you into something until you agree. I couldn't just tell him no."

You finally smile when she looks up at you. Her expression remained neutral but that was to be expected.

"Alright. So if he tells you to jump are you going to ask how high?"

"Well no. Obviously no but that's not the same thing. This was supposed to be an easy fight. I didn't think that he was going to fight dirty."

She rolls her eyes and stands up with the help of your knees. You can't help but wince in pain when she pressed down on the bruises that were already forming but you keep quiet. Knowing Annie, she was probably doing it on purpose.

"Stay away from Eren."

X

It's been almost a week since her warning and she still hadn't talked to you. You were getting desperate and that called for desperate measures. Grabbing every single jar that you could find, you tightened them to the point that Annie would need help to open them. While she was stronger than you, Annie had a hard time opening jars. If she wanted to grab her favorites snacks, she was going to have to talk to you to open them.

X

You're startled by hearing something smash on the ground. You hurry out of your bedroom to find Annie in the process of throwing another jar on the floor.

"What are you doing?!"

She gives you a small smile before throwing the jar on the floor. You watch as it shatters when it hits the ground.

"Did you think that this was going to work?"

You look up to find her giving you an amused smile. You're not sure if she's pissed about what you had done so you decide to play clueless.

"I have no clue what you're talking about."

Annie steps on the glass, making you wince as you hear the bigger pieces break into smaller ones. She grabs the collar of your shirt and pulls you down to be at eye level with her.

"Really? Do you really want to play stupid with me, (y/n)?"

You gulped loudly, suddenly fearing for your life. This was probably more stupid than when you agreed to fight with Eren.

"I'm sorry! You weren't talking to me and I just had to think of something."

"Are you going to listen to Eren again?"

"No! I won't let him drag me into another one of his fights."

You sigh in relief when she lets you go. Annie doesn't say a word as she grabs another jar and shoves it into your stomach.

"Good. I'm glad you learned your lesson. Open the jar for me, clean up all this mess and then we can watch a movie."

"But I..."

You closed your mouth when she gave you a glare. You quickly open the jar for her and start to clean up the mess she had made.

X

Annie sighs in content when you pull her onto your lap.

"Eren is an idiot. Don't ever do that again. You could've gotten seriously hurt."

"Annie, it almost sounds like you care."

"Of course I care when my girlfriend loses against someone like Eren. I've been training you. You should've beat his ass."

You rolled your eyes and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

"Right. I'll beat his ass next time."

"There won't be a next time unless I'm there. I'll beat his ass if he attempts to fight dirty again."

"This is why I love you, Annie. I love how protective you are."

She turned bright red, still not used to hearing you say how you felt.

"I love you too..."

Annie whispered loud enough for you to barely hear her. It was still hard for her to admit her feelings for you.