You/Nanaba - Return

The bright light blinded Nanaba

The bright light blinded Nanaba. She squinted her eyes to get a better look of what was ahead of her but she couldn't see a thing.

"Hello?"

She called for anyone but no one answered back. There was no telling what king of situation Nanaba was in but she was more than ready to face it. If only she could figure out what was going on.

Without her sight, Nanaba felt it was best to remain where she was. If it ever came to it, she could depend on her hearing to steer her out of danger.

"You've grown so much, Nanaba."

Nanaba nearly gets whiplash from how fast she turned to where the voice was coming from. It sounded exactly like her mother's.

"Mom?"

She tried to navigate in blinding room but was stopped by someone wrapping their arms around her. Nanaba began to struggle but stopped at the familiar feeling of it.

"I'm proud of the woman you've become, my child. You've saved so many without a second thought about the risks for yourself."

"I promised you that I was going to be someone you could be proud of."

Nabana starts to cry when she feels her mother kiss the top of her head.

"I've always been proud of you, Nanaba. You've never disappointed me."

"B..but..."

"Hush. There's no buts. I've always been proud of you."

When the two of them pull away, Nanaba is finally able to see her mother. She lets out a loud gasp and hugs her again.

"I..I don't understand. What is going on?"

"You're in-between. You're in a place where the soul dances between the line of death and life. It's still not your time, Nanaba. You must go back."

"Will I see you again, mother?"

The woman smiles and pulls her in for another tight hug.

"You will. I'll always be by your side. Now wake up. Wake up, Nana...."

X

"Dammit, Nanaba! Wake up!"

Nanaba finally opens her eyes, making everyone let out a sigh of relief to see them open again.

"Wh..what's going on?"

"You were ambushed by titans in the tower. Luckily, we were able to reach you in time to save everyone."

"I'm not dead?"

Everything that had happened in the in-between felt like a dream but it felt so real.

"Your heart stopped for a few seconds but you came back to us. It's almost like you had a guardian angel looking out for you."

Nanaba smiles when you take her hand a lightly squeeze it. You were right, her mother had been her guardian angel.

"I guess that I'm just lucky to have them by my side."

-----------

All characters are 18+

Send me prompts and suggestions. Will do any character.

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Hange Zoe - Princess

Annie Leonhart - Reassurances

-----------